Chapter 15 - Teaching the word: Friendship

Suddenly, a cold substance hits the tip of my nose. I flinched. What was that?

Then, another drop hits. It was water.

Soon, even more drops of water came, and I could see it sprinkling from all around us. 

I gaze up to the sky, panicked. Even with though the sky still clear and blue, with little to no clouds, we were faced with rain.

"Oh no!"

"What's wrong?" Remember asked.

"It's about to rain. We need to find a shelter!" Immediately I stand up, looking around for a shelter or something-anything that had a roof at the least. Out of the corner of my eye, that's when I spot a whit-ish commercial truck not too far from where we were.

"We can hide out in that truck over there!"

Plopping on my olive knapsack, I then dashed on to where the truck was parked. "C'mon!"

I turn back, only to see him still sitting there, looking up to the darkened clouds.

"Remember?" I had to run back. "C'mon, we'd better hurry-"

"Why?" He asks, eyes not moving away.

Soon, the rain begins to thicken, turning into a huge wave of droplets hitting all around us as it hits the sand floors with a loud 'splash'. I raise an arm to shield my head (as if that would work).

Observing our surroundings once more, luckily I find a violet umbrella (out of pure luck) and snapped it open over my head.

"We have to!" I urged. "Your wounds, they won't heal if they're wet. Plus, it's really cold, and we need to get to a dryer place-"

"It isn't cold."

My expression flattens. "Huh?"

"It isn't cold." Remember repeated. His attention remains drawn towards the sky, letting the rain drizzle down the sides of his face, and neck. "I don't want to be dry. I don't need to."

"Rain doesn't affect me, like how it affects you."

"Remember..." My fists begin to tighten around the metal handle of the umbrella. Soon, the water would soak through the white wrappings, just as it already did with his clothes. His cloak and clothes were now in a darker haze. The wet floor was already starting to stain his legs, just as it did with the ends of his long torned coat.

I take a step forward to him, with a slopping sound. "It may not affect you as big as me, but it's your wounds I'm worried about. They won't heal."

"Please Remember, I-"

Suddenly, that's when my foot slips on a slippery part of the floor and I fall. My hand instantly loses grip on the umbrella, as I go diving into the mud of dirt.

However, instead, I fall onto a pale cold chest, and two great hands grasp the sides of my hips. Eyes, wide, I glance up only to see Remember, his hair soaked in water as his eyes is cast down onto me; in his deep blood-red pupils, something sparks within me--Something more deeper than just the 'friends' connection.

That's when I realize the silent moment we had going right now.

"U-Uh...I..." Unable to speak, I quickly retain my balance, and pry away from Remember. "I'm so sorry."

"No," He huffed. "I'm sorry. You shouldn't be out here just because of me. It's dangerous for you."

He then looks around. "So where's that...truck thing you were talking about?"

"Umm." I pointed right to our left. "There it is."

Immediately realizing this as well, his face goes to an intense blush tone. "I knew that."