Chapter 9 - Always be brave

I struggle to pry free, but I couldn't. And unfortunately, neither Professor Amy nor anyone else was in sight in the hallway, but Professor Grant.

"Rima, what on earth are you doing?" He snapped. " Today, there's an emergency evacuation day!"

My eyes widen, in shock of this sudden event. "E-Emergency evacuating day?!"

"What do you think?" He grunts, "And now you think you can try to escape??? How could you even think of trying to run away at a time like this?"

"I-I'm not!" I try to protest, but it was no use. Just by seeing the packed bag I was wearing, even I couldn't lie. He knew what I was planning. At that moment, his face grew red with fury.

"You think I'm a fool, Rima?" He growls, "I know what you're planning. You think you can escape now?!"

"It's better than living here, knowing that you lied to me!" I counter, almost yelling back at him. "Daniel didn't die here, he ran away-"

"And that's what you want as well hmm?" His eyes flash an adverse annoyance, as his hand begins to tighten even more on my wrists. I could almost feel fire bursting out from where my wrist was.

"Let go of me!!" I cry, now desperate to pry free from his grip.

"I have to keep you still, don't I?" He sneers immorally. He then releases a vexed sigh. "I didn't want to hurt you Rima, honest. But, you forced me to put my foot down."

"I'm disappointed in you Rima!" He tuts, almost sounding displeased. But, looking at his expression I saw an inhumane crossover between feelings: a disfigured mixture, between sadness, anger and hate. His whole body was trembling, as he then releases a crazed laugh (like how a mad-scientist would).

"Don't think you'll be leaving now, Orlume. I'm not letting you leave my organization-EVER, got it?"

"It's too late for you to escape now Rima!" He taunts.

And with that, raises the syringe in his hand above me. "Nighty night Rima Orlume!"

Sweat immediately pour from my head. Only two seconds left, before plunging back into my doom. I had to escape, somehow.

My hand dives into my pockets, and grabs a long hard, cold handle. Yes, still had the kitchen knife! Before he can make his move, immediately I take out the blade and stab it, right into his hand which holds his weapon. Once I release hold of the knife, its blade is already etched deep into his flesh, making a huge cut. Blood starts to squirt out. He screams, dropping the tranquilizer and tumbles over, grasping his arm in agony.

And now was my chance. But before I can make a run for it, I felt an arm grab my leg and end up tumbling over face first. Shit!

The moment I turn completely around, his body was now hovering above mines, the same syringe in his other hand instead.

"N-NO!!!" I scream, and with that was forced to blow a kick, right between his legs.

"Ugh!" He wheezes falling forward, dropping the bloodly tool. I quickly rolled out from underneath him to avoid being squashed, snatching the anesthetic it before he can, and with that I ran for my life.

The hall way lights were being reflected off the silvery steel floors, one by one as I dash down the hallway. I was breathing loudly, my heart aching by the endurance I had to run. Then in the distance, I could hear screams of shock; even hearing a voice cry out 'Dr. Grant what happened?!'

They must've seen what I did. Not like it mattered now though. The past was the past.

But, just as I turned to a corner out of nowhere I crash into someone.