Chapter 32 - The Letter of happiness

I then awoke to a golden dawn. The time was still probably before sunrise, as shades of aqua,violet,pink,apricot,yellow and baby blue were all mixed into the sky.

The air felt crisp and dry, in my lungs. It gave a clean, comforting feeling in my blood, but any colder and it would've sent me arid. After a week or so, the weather had started to shift, from a damp warm summer to the cold, dryness of fall. Though so far, the only forcast was the chilling air. The magenta clouds in the sky drifted over, casting a shadow upon where we we resting. We were camped out near a truck and a tree, hoping this area would hide us from being spotted (since we were practically out in a long sandy terrain).

Matt was already fast asleep, and even the alarmed Rae. Before sleeping, she pushed on to stay awake and kept alert, even though Remember himself was the night guard. However in the end, she too, eventually fell into a deep sleep.

Cricket sounds filled my ears, already distracting my thoughts from all that has happened. As I lay flat on my sleeping bag, i took a deep breath and stretched in place. placing both hands upon my chest.

All night, twisting and turning in my sleeping bag was all I did. Another reason was how uncomfortable my neck was, since it was still injured. It felt sore, and it burned, even more than it did before.

I blinked twice to adjust my eyes decided to look around--examined our surroundings a bit instead. Nonetheless, it too eventually became boring as well, since there wasn't much to see around here. I saw nothing but sand, small shrubs and dirt all around us. A few abandoned cars here and there, along with tons of trash and corpses, but that was it.

Just then, my eye caught a sudden movement from above. There was another someone, in the entire field to witness the early morning. And that someone It wasn't some bird or anything. My eyes then draw to the top of a nearby velvet mesquite tree. Sitting a perched on one of it's firm branches, above was a figure, one which had a long strand of red swaying within the light breeze. Immediately I knew who it was; Remember, simply sitting there, gaze towards the horizon where a faint glow of yellow is emitted in await for something -anticipating for the sun to rise?

At that moment, I couldn't help but smile a bit, watching him as he sat there comfortably, the light breeze ruffling his hair and clothes a bit. My eyes then turned back to the others, mainly at Rae.

Even though Rae didn't trust him that well, she still did accepted his alliance after all right?

I sighed. Hopefully she'll get to know him more, just like how Matt did (especially when we got to uncle's home).

That's when another thought worried me. It was when we get to FREZ..... Will they welcome him too? Rae was already a challenge, but now this problem was still unknown. What if they do? What if they don't?

A flashback of my last nightmare returns:

It was the image if a room. A large spacious room surrounded by a transparent glass wall. And I where I stood was outside of the room. Inside it were two figures, one slightly taller than another. Although I didn't recognize him as well, what I did recognize was that he was dressed in a soldier-like uniform, sort of like Matt's but a bit more detailed. As if he was a high ranked person serving in the military. He looked somewhat similar to Matt; except the age and size difference, his hair was straighter, plus his eyes were intensely blue. A gun was in his hand, as he looks down upon the other character that lay kneeled on the floor. The other figure looked as if in defeat, but showed no plea for mercy. Yet that wasn't all. The moment my eyes moved to the crushed figure, I instantly saw who it was.It was Remember. My stomach flipped. As emotionless as he was, he still remained to stoop there, self-pitied and exposed to the bigger person. At that moment, the standing figure (which looks a lot like Matt but older) then raises its gun, pointing it directly at Remembers forehead. Yet Remember doesn't react, staying as vulnerable as ever. Eyes wide, I knew instantly what was going to happen. He was going to kill Remember.