Chapter 10 - Risky Escape

NTO- I'm sorry for my grammatical errors and confusing sentence layouts, i haven't really taken time to edit the chapters :(

BUT from here on out, I've rechecked my chapters to make sure none of them has any mistakes =) So carry on reading, and hope you enjoy! (All comments and votes are appreciated! ^-^)

______________________________

The ghastly face releases a hoarse groan, before reaching his rotten hands towards me, in attempt to grab me. I was ready to scream, but immediately covered my mouth with both hands in preventing to do so. And quickly, I hastily move back, back into the trunk of the mini-truck. My whole body shudders just as I hit the back of the trailer. Even though it was behind a barrier, the diseased creature continues to bite at the metal fence, ignoring the sparks and burns the electrical wires had etched on him. He too, was dressed as a soldier apart of Grant's military--except that he was now infected.

This leaves me even more paranoid. How could I possibly escape now, without being caught? Or even worse: Eaten alive by those things? I tug lightly at my hair, trying to think of ideas.

Ok, first things first: I have to find a way to get over that electrical wired fence. Then I should worry about the zombies.

Right then and there, another gunfire was shot, even closer than before.

However, at that moment I spot the infected creature fall dead.

"There's the last of 'em for this side of the outpost." A voice says, no more than a few feet away, beyond the left side, outside of the trailer. "Damn, and this one was one of us, too."

My whole body comes to a freeze, as I wait, in hopes for them to leave. Several footsteps from 5 to 8 scurry all over this area, around all the vehicles, surroundings (including one which I was hiding in).

"Didja see any more of them?" Another soldier asks to the others.

"Nope, this land's definitely clear."

"Alright." At last, I could hear the sounds of their footsteps begin to disperse, as they left. Once all was quiet and calm again, I came out without hesitation.

The loud, chaotic sounds of warfare and orders continues in the distance yet now mixed in with the loud moans and screeches from those other inhumane beings. Now resting at the foot of the trailer, I let out a sigh. Thank god, that was close. But, I shouldn't thank him just yet. I gaze back to what was beyond the fence, still having no clues nor ideas whatsoever, in how I was going to get past this strongly build defense.

Right then and there, while I was dazing off I suddenly notice something in the distance. Peering more closely, out and through the fence, what I spot is something--Someone was looking back at me. I squint closer, in hopes to getting a better view. But the view only got fogger, due to the amounts of sand and dust in the air. All I'm able to see now, was a figure, assumed having a human-like figure, and a head.

Though unexpectedly, I could see the shadowy head turn to the left. I too, mirror the move and saw it.

Standing a few vehicles away, was a large truck, parked up closest against the wired barrier. Well, not too close-on the other hand, just close enough for me to jump over.

A glimpse of hope left me back in figuring what to do; all I had to do now, was find a way to get up on that big vehicle, and then worry about the landing part.....

I look back to that someone outside, but didn't see him/her anymore. I wipe my eyes several times, before rechecking once more--still no one. It was if that someone disappeared into thin air. Who was that person? I wonder. Was I just imagining things? Or even better: Was that even a person, or of the contagious beings?