Chapter 41 - Trapped, Forever

Now walking through the hallways (again), Grant didn't even bother ordering his men to put us blindfolded. The tears that covered my eyes blurred out most of my vision anyways. But that didn't matter. All that worried me was Remember.

He was all chained up, imprisoned, just like us. And it was going to get worse.

This was a living nightmare.

I continued to walk, though quietly sulking just as our feet hits something soft. We were now walking on a blush- colored carpeted hallway. A pale white light was placed in rows and rows above us. And on both sides of the corridor, were walls lined with doors.

My eyes wandered cautiously. Was this the 'dorms' area of the building or something?

And that question was answered. That's when we stopped in front of a door marked as 'Room 417'.

"Unchain her." Professor Grant simply orders to the men behind me, as he takes out a key to unlock the door room himself. I glared at him, as a loud 'clink' meant my hands being freed, but not my fate.

"And this is your room, Rima." He stated casually.

I blinked. "M-My room?"

"Indeed it is."

Professor Grant then turns to Matt. "As for you, boy-"

"Probably in a prison cell or something." Matt finished, along with a roll of his eyes.

"Actually no."

That catches his attention. "H-Huh?"

Professor Grant crosses his arm comfortably. "I might as well put you in a dorm too. Besides, I have finally accomplished all my goals."

A smirk crosses his face having this being said. A low, creepy but noticeable laugh rises from him.

"I did it. I finally did it." His voice trembles. "I've finally have everything in place. An experiment for my further studies, recaptured zombie number 16, and especially" He turns to me before saying, "Found the last remaining soul to inherit the immune blood."

I gulped. We were truly defeated this time.

"Take her in." Grant motions, then turns to leave.

No. I clenched. No way it was going to end like this. Anger bursts within me, like a volcanic eruption.

"I hate you."

Instantly he stops dead on his tracks.

"I hate you." I found myself repeated.

All eyes are pinned onto me, including that of Grants. He only grunts, and continues to walk.

"It makes me sick-having to remind myself that there are actually people like you out there." I continued. "Helping other weak survivors, only to actually use them as part of your treacherous experiments." 

At that moment, I give him a glare. "Your the monster, Grant. You're-"

But before I can finish, Professor Grants hand shoots up and strikes me, hard across the face. A shrilled cry escapes my throat, as my head cracks to the side.

Everyone seemed shocked, as he lowers his hand. He looked regretless-merciless of what he has done. Feeling a painful burning from my wounded cheek, I only flash him a dirty look.

His fingers then grasps my throat, and squeezes. I gasp and choked, fighting for air.  

His eyes were wild, with fury as they are fully fixed on me.

"Don't ever talk to me like that again." He snarls. "I won't have you turn on me. If you ever give me that shit again, I will kill you. Do you hear me?"

I choked hard, trying to nod. My hands scratch and clawed his arms to release me.  

He was all set, all ready to finish me off. This was how it was going to end. Dying in the hands of a threat far more dangerous then a ghoul.

Fortunately, Grant doesn't go any further then this, and releases me. I collapsed, coughing and breathing in deeply.

"Get up." Grant growls, grabbing my arm to pull me up. His strength was incredible.

I yanked and struggled in his grip, but he doesn't let of this time. In his own arms, he shoves me towards the door of my new prison.

"I suggest you mature yourself, Rima." Professor Grant sneers, just before shoving me into room 417. The door automatically closes afterwards, right before I could react. And I was left alone in darkness.

It was another plain white room: Pale walls, simple bedframe/covers, minor decors and such. Just like my last room, back at Professor Grant's old home. But something was different...

Looking back, I then realized that it had no doorknob. It was a 1 way entry. And I was locked from the outside.

That's when fury begins to overwhelm me. Getting off my feet, I pushed over a chair in frustration, along with knocking a small bed-side table to the floor. My hands were clutched into tight fists. I was ready to go in a mad tantrum.

But that's when I noticed something, which makes me stop. I caught something in the corner of my eye, and turned to the end of a ceiling. And there I saw it. A security camera, watching every move I make and do.

I froze. W-WHAT THE HELL?!

Quickly rushed into the bathroom, I slam the door behind me and jumped into the bathtub. Where else could I go? I wiped my eyes using my sleeves. Luckily, there were no cameras in here to see what I was doing. And what I was doing now, I was crying.

Tears rolled down my face, non-stop. I couldn't believe it. I just couldn't believe this; All that hard work and effort being put to escape this phenomenon. We've travelled so far, and grew so close to uncle's home, yet only had to end up back at square one. It was over.

As I lie in the tub, having nothing but darkness surrounds me, another thought worried me. Was this the end? Is this how I was going to live, for the rest of my life? Will I be able to escape this nightmare? Or would I end up going down the same path as Daniel?

Am I going to die too?

________END OF BOOK 1__________

Well, looks like this ends book 1! So sorry to keep all my readers hanging throughout the chapters! TT.TT

But, I hope u enjoyed it~!

The end? NO WAY! >.<

Will Rima be able to escape Professor Grant's evil plans he has for her, or accept this defeat once and for all?

Next time, on book 3, watch as an unexpected surprise comes to knock (Or shall I say intrude) the mad-scientist's lab! >:D

Copyrighted © 2012 -2013 by 10crystalmask01. All rights reserved. No parts of this story may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission from the author 10crystalmask01. Any person/s who ignores to heed this warning will be liable to criminal prosecution and civil claims for damages. You Have been warned.