Chapter 40 - Tortured

A few minutes later, we were still strolling through the building, unaware of what will happen next. Though all I could see was the dark brown tone of the cloth, around its edges I could tell that we were in a bright hallway. This also made the blindfold slighter brighter too, but not for long.

As we continued on, I began to hear voices, both human and inhumane ones; a whole chorus of moans, groans and undefinable noises.

That's when I realized that they were the sounds of the diseased creatures.And we were being brought to them.

The voices began to grow louder and louder. Along with that, was the sound of machinery and technology being at work?

It sounded just like any other crazed science laboratory.

Just when I thought it could get any louder, we come to a sudden halt.

I then hear the leader (Professor Grant) take a step forward, and begins to press a set of clicking noises on what seemed like some sort of number pad?

I noticed that there wasn't much of a breeze around here as well now that we've stopped. The air seemed denser than before as if we were in a small elevator.

Were we in an elevator?

That's when a loud beep sounded, along with the sounds of sliding doors being opened. And we were forced to move forward, once again.

And everything went back to darkness from this point on. From the corners of my eye, a dim neon green light reflects off the dark metallic floors we walked on.

But to my surprise, I started to hear other voices, people that greeted Professor Grant with great respect.

'Greetings, Mr. Grant! Good afternoon, Professor Grant. Everything has been going accordingly Mr. Grant.' Were some of the greetings I identify (while the rest was unheard). And in the background, were the screams of the infected creatures, as they are being experimented on, tortured and even killed.

It all happens just like the past. The day Professor Amy revealed to me, the secret laboratory that Grant kept hidden from me:

She then turned and typed out the number pad code. I tried to see, but she typed really fast. In less than 3 seconds, the door beeped green and slid open. At first I couldn't see a thing. Then my eyes adjusted and I saw them,again.The zombies,zombies of all ages: Kids, teenagers, adult's, girl or boy.The ones that killed my parents. The ones that will soon, eliminate all of man-kind. They were either in a shatterproof glass cage, or strapped onto some experiment or dissecting table. Professors also wearing face masks there were there, either typing on computers, injecting chemicals into the strapped zombies or killing and decomposing the unsuccessful. My stomach quivered. A terrible stench came from the zombies. It Smelled like road kill in here.

The walls and floors had an intense metal color with electrical wires. Green neon lights came from the low ceilings. And there were no windows.

I was spaced. My attention was on the zombies. Their abnormally large hands, with clawed fingers, with Pitch black eyes, with red pupils, pale skin and whitish blue hair. They were being killed, experimented or examined. I can only hear they're screams of pain as the people injected chemicals into their bodies or as they died of starvation. Some moaned, banging the shatterproof glass, wanting to come out. They had blood rolling out of their eyes.It was tears.

I flinched, seeing the last flashback. The tears of blood. Was I going to see that again?

Then another thought occurred: What if Remember was one of them as well? Was his voice with the others? Was he being experimented on a well, his voice blending in with the others? Or worse, what if he was killed?