Chapter One

"Allison! Allison get up!" My mom said, waking me up. I groaned and got up. My mom left the room, so I could get changed. I looked at myself in the mirror. 'Fat, ugly, worthless' I thought to myself, picking out my flaws. Every bad thing I said about myself felt like a knife to my heart. My poor, broken, little heart. Last year, I thought I was in love with someone. What a lie that was. I guess when you're 16 you'll believe anything a boy says that you're head over heels for. That relationship ended badly. It put me in a state on negativity, that I'm still going through. I was depressed, I self-harmed, I even went without eating for a while. It's been like that for a year now. A long, never-ending year. I guess I felt like doing these things, lessened some of the pain. And it did for a while. Then the pain came back, and I repeated everything I have previously done.

I got dressed. Today I decided to just wear a plain white t-shirt, and some jean shorts. I put my bracelets on so nobody would see what I do. I threw my long, brown hair in a loose pony tail, and went downstairs. "Why exactly did I have to get up?" I asked my mom. "It's 11 am. You and Julie are supposed to go to the carnival at 12." My mom replied. I totally forgot about that! Julie has been my best friend since middle school. She knows about my depression. She's probably one of the nicest people in the world. I trust her completely.

...

"Come on Alli! Let's go get food!" Julie said. "Food is basically my life." I replied, smiling. We went up to the concession stand and got ice cream. As we were walking to a table, someone yelled, "hey look out!" I looked toward the voice and immediately went face to face with a frisbee. "Allison, are you okay!" Julie asked. "Fine." I replied. I ended up dropping my ice cream all over my converse. I cleaned off my shoes when the guy that warned me about the frisbee came up to me. "I'm soooo sorry!" He said. I looked up at him. He had blonde hair that was spiked up in a quiff. He had blue eyes and a lip piercing. "It's fine." I said, laughing. I could feel the waves of awkwardness. "Are you sure you're okay?" Another guy came up and said. He looked slightly Asian. He had black hair and brown eyes. "Yeah, I'm sure!" I said.

"This is Allison, and I'm Julie." Julie said, introducing us to the boys. I shot her a look.

"I'm Luke, and this is Calum." The blonde boy said.

"Hi." I said. We continued to talk and eventually we got their numbers. We actually got along nicely.

"Why did you give them our numbers?!" I asked Julie. "You need to meet new people! Forget that loser that broke your heart!" Julie said. I understand why she's doing this, but I don't want to meet anyone new. I don't want to risk getting hurt again.

AN: the girl to the side is what I imagine Allison to look like. So this is my first fan fic and I'm kinda excited to start writing it. I will still continue to write Time For a Change. So yeah feedback is always appreciated! Have a great rest of your day!