Chapter Nine

I woke up to a text from Luke.

From: lukeydapenguin
"Hey wanna hang out with me and ash?"

I ignored the text. I couldn't face anyone right now. I glanced over to where I threw the note. Memories of my dad and I flooded through my brain, like a tsunami. I began to cry again.

I didn't even notice someone walk in and sit down on my bed next to me.

"Alli?" Ashton said.

"Leave me alone." I mumbled.

"Why?"

"Just please go."

He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and kissed my cheek.

...

Ashton's P.O.V

"Have you talked to Allison lately?" I asked Luke.

Luke shook his head no. It's been a week since I saw Allison crying. I sighed. I've texted her so many times, I lost count. She ignored every text.

"We're going over there." I said. Without question, Luke jumped up and walked to my car.

...

I knocked on the door with Luke by my side. Mrs. Sanchez answered.

"Ashton! Luke! Hi! Allison is up in her room." She said, moving so we could walk in.

We thanked her and walked up to Allison's room. I put my handle on the door, but Luke interrupted me.

"Ash! Knock! Damn man." Luke said, rolling his eyes.

I gave him a look before knocking, and letting myself in.

Allison looked up. Her eyes were glossy, bags forming under her eyes.

"What's wrong? You've been ignoring everyone's texts and calls." I said. I sat on her bed, and Luke stood in the corner. He was so awkward.

She got up, avoiding everyone's gaze, and grabbed a crumpled piece of paper from her floor. She tossed it to me, getting back in bed. I read it.

I gave Luke a nervous glance, and tossed the paper to him.

"Alli, I'm sor-" Luke started.

"Don't. I hate that word. It means nothing." She said. She looked so numb. There was no emotion on her face.

"Allison, I know you're sad, I am too, but please cheer up. I hate seeing you this way. I know you think sorry means nothing, but trust us, it means something." I said, looking into her eyes for a couple seconds before she looked away.

"Luke, can you please give us a moment." She said. Luke walked out.

"Cheer up? Really? You expect me to cheer up when my dad just left me? Ashton I'm sorry, but you have no idea what you got yourself into when you asked me to be your girlfriend,"

"I got myself into something amazing." I interrupted looking at her.

"No you didn't. One day I'm going to get so sick of living this life I live, and Ill end it all. And maybe one day I will succeed in doing so."

I put my hands on her shoulders and pulled her closer.

"Get that thought out of your head now. I won't let that happen." I said though gritted teeth.

"The one person I put all my trust into left me. My dad left me. You'll leave me. I'm loosing everything, Ashton." She said, cuddling into my chest and crying.

I kissed the top of her head.

"I love you." I said. Her eyes widened.

AN: so this chapter is just..ugh.

I CANT WAIT TO WRITE THE NXT CHAPTER IM SO EXCITED.

Anyways, I just started watching The Fosters, and can we take a second and just admire Brandon's beauty. Like dayum.

I'm all over the place right now. Hopefully chapter ten will be out tomorrow but yeah. Byeee! Ily!