Chapter Fifteen

I was woken up by a series of screams, followed by a skin hitting skin. I opened my eyes and saw Calum on the floor and Ashton standing over him.

"What the hell, Ashton?!" I yelled.

He looked at me, sadness washing over his face.

"Allison-" He started.

"No. I'm not dealing with this. We're done." I said, and walked out of his room. I grabbed my bag with all my stuff and left his house. It was about 10 pm.

"You're home early. I thought you were spending the night at Ashton's." My mom said, looking up at me.

"Yeah. I didn't want to stay." I said. I walked up to my room.

My phone started vibrating. I ignored Ashton's call, and texted Calum.

To: cal pal
"sorry about ashton. hope you feel better."

With that I fell asleep.

...

Beep. Beep. Beep. I turned my alarm off and got up. School was going to be hell today. I can already feel it. I decided to wear jean shorts and a white tee. I threw on my white converse and put my hair back in a ponytail. I applied a little makeup and went downstairs.

My mom was sitting at the table. I grabbed an apple and sat next to her.

"Hey sweetie, not that I don't love having you here, but why did you come home early? Did Ashton do something?" Mom asked.

"Nerves." I lied.

"Okay. You better start heading to school. I have to go to work and it's a 15 minute walk from here." Mom said, getting up.

I hugged her and said goodbye and started walking.

A couple minutes later, I ran into someone. I looked up to see Calum.

"Oh..uh..sorry." I mumbled and moved out of his way.

"Hey, wait." He said, jogging to catch up.

I looked at him.

"Why'd you leave last night?" He asked.

"You know why." I said, looking at his bruised cheek.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Look, I don't know why Ashton freaked out. We're just friends."

"Just friends." I confirmed.

"This morning, his eyes were puffy and his face was splotchy. His hair was a mess and he looked so broke."

"Sounds like me everyday." I muttered.

"I heard that you know." He said.

"I know."

We arrived at the school.

"You better get away from me or Ashton will flip a shit again." I said, walking away.

I got to my locker and opened it. A note fell out. The note said:

"You're such a whore."

I pursed my lips. I grabbed my books and slammed my locker shut. I'm so done with hormonal teenage girls.

...

"For today's assignment you will be writing a speech about your life. You will describe your childhood, your passions, any experiences, etc. This is due tomorrow and you will be presenting it to the class." With that Mr. Carson-the English teacher- let us get started. We had about 50 minutes before the period ended.

"Class dismissed! There is a assembly in the gym in 2 minutes. Your next period will be skipped because of this assembly. It is mandatory to attend the assembly." Mr. Carson said.

I walked to the gym by myself. I found Julie and decided to sit next to her. On the way, I passed by Michael and the boys. Pain washed through Michael's eyes. I looked away.

"Hey. Is it okay if I sit here?" I asked Julie.

"Yeah! We haven't talked in a while. How are you and Ashton?" She asked.

"Sucky. We dated for like a week and I found him cheating. Last night we broke up." I said.

"Why?" She asked.

"I don't know. I think he thought me and Calum were a thing." I said.

Julie was about to walk until Principal Mockson started talking.

"Ladies and gentlemen I have held this assembly to discuss the topic of bullying. There has been some writing on the bathroom stalls. Rather mean things, if I might add. Raise your hand if you have ever been called something negative," Principal Mockson said. Many people-including me-raised their hands. "Exactly. Now imagine if one of you were suicidal," I tensed. "You do not want to be the person to push that suicidal person over the edge. Bullying is not acceptable. It's rude, immature, and inconsiderate..." That was the last thing I heard before my brain kicked in. I started thinking about everything that has hurt me.

Ethan. Ashton cheating on me. My dad. Ashton hitting Calum. This assembly.

Ashton's P.O.V

I looked over at Allison when Principal Mockson mentioned the topic of suicide. Luckily, she was in the row next to us, so it just looked like I was looking around. I could tell she was tense. She was looking at her lap. She looked lost in thought.

Allison and Calum were close. I thought that sense Calum was sitting with her legs on his lap and when he was sleeping with her that they were a couple. Julie looked like she was on the verge of tears.

Calum looked like he was about to scream and Michael just looked plain worried. Luke had no emotion on his face.

...

Allison was at her locker. Her perfect brown hair in a messy ponytail, her brown eyes scanning her locker looking for something. I walked over to her. She looked at me and quickly looked away. She grabbed her book, tugged her bag over her shoulder and walked away. I caught up to her, and grabbed her wrist, knowing that it was to soon to hold hands. I screwed everything up last night. I dragged her outside and away from everyone.

"Ashton, let go. Now." She demanded. I let go of her and smashed my lips into hers. The sad thing was that she didn't kiss me back, she pulled away.

"Stop. I'm not doing it anymore. You screwed up by hitting Calum. You'll find someone better anyways. There are hundreds of girls that would love to date you." Allison said. With that said, she left.

From: Michael
"Soooo? Did she take you back?"

To: Michael
"No. She basically told me to stop trying to get her back."

From: Michael
"MASHTON."

To: Michael
"Not in the mood."

I saw a figure walk up to me. My eyes were filled with tears. Next thing I knew I was hugging someone. Someone with a blond quiff and blue eyes. Luke.

AN: I'm excited for what happens next :))))

Song: See You Again by Carrie Underwood

I just hung Christmas lights in my room by myself without dying. Priorities.

Byeeeeeee.

Vote/Comment/Follow for a shoutout on Marvelous Monday!