Chapter Eight

We just arrived at Luke's house. "Cmon Alli!" Ashton yelled, dragging me towards Luke's backyard.

"I am!" I laughed.

He threw my over his shoulder. "Put me down!" I screamed.

"Never!" He laughed.

A couple seconds later, I was in the pool.

"Oh. My. God. Ashton." I said.

I started to get out of the pool, but Luke pushed me back in. I landed in Ashton's arms.

"I hate you guys." I stated, laughing.

After a while of joking around, we decided to get out. Liz-Luke's mom- gave us all towels. Once I dried off a little, I changed into some sweats and a tee shirt I had from the tour.

"I'm going to go. Bye guys. Bye Liz!" I said. I started walking out the door. Once I reached my car Ashton said, "Wait! Stay!"

I turned around and faked a smile. "Uh. No. It's okay. I'm kinda tired anyways."

I got in my car and when I drove away, I dropped the fake smile. The entire tour was really difficult for me. I had to fake a smile at all times. I had to be careful with what I tweeted, said, and did. I didn't want the boys to worry about me.

When I got home, I greeted my parents.

"Alli! This came for you. It came about 30 minutes ago." My dad said, handing me a package. 30 minutes ago, I was in Luke's pool. With everyone except Michael.

I ran upstairs and opened the package. In it there was a white stuffed teddy bear with a heart, a bag of Doritos, and a 5 Seconds of Summer band tee. There was also 4 letters. I smiled at the gesture. While on the tour, I mentioned I liked Doritos. I didn't think they would care.

The stuffed bear had a note written on the hear as well. It read:

Dear Alli,

Thank you for going on tour with us! We know you didn't really want to, given everything that happened. We love you!

- the best people on Earth

I read the letter that was from Luke.

Hey Alli,

I'm writing this the day after Ashton took your phone. We all knew you'd be pissed. I knew you were smart enough to know what we did. Ashton just wanted to make sure you were okay. He's kinda obsessed with you. Byeeeee.

- lukey

I read the letter from Michael.

Allison,

ASHTON LOVES YOU. Anyways, if you tell him I told you that, I'll hurt you. Enjoy the Doritos. That was my idea. Obviously.

- Michael

Next was the letter from Calum.

Dear Allison,

So, I guess I should tell you this now. Julie and I are dating. We've been dating for a month now. I know I should've told you earlier, but hey when you and Ashton go out you'll understand. ;)

-Calum

And last but not least. The letter from Ashton.

Meet me at the park at 9 pm. :)

-ashy

The park at 9? I have two hours before I have to go to the park.

...

I arrived at the park at exactly 9. It didn't take long to spot Ashton. There was a radio playing my favorite song, Terrible Things. I smiled as my favorite verse played.

"Hi." Ashton whispered, smiling.

I smiled and waved awkwardly. He stepped closer.

I looked down, immediately feeling self-conscious.

"No.." He said, lifting my chin. Instead of letting go, he tilted my head to the side, and kissed me. It was soft, yet passionate. It was amazing. I hesitated, but I kissed him back.

I pulled back after a couple seconds. I stepped back, tears forming in the back of my eyes.

"I-I can't. I can't get hurt again. I can't go through it again." I said, tears starting to fall. I turned to walk away. Ashton grabbed my hand and made me sit down on the bench. He kneeled in front of me, so we were at the same level.

"You won't get hurt again. I know you can't trust anyone. I know people have used you and hurt you. I won't do that. Love is the best and worst feeling in the world. I will try to do every thing I can to make you the happiest girl in the world. I just have one question. Will you give me a chance?"

I looked into his eyes. I tried to find something-anything- that would make me believe he was lying. I found nothing. I never really noticed how beautiful his eyes were. They were this gorgeous hazel color. I slowly nodded. His face immediately lit up.

He kissed me again. "Thank you.." He mumbled in between kisses.

...

I walked back to my house, after Ashton and I hung out for awhile. The truth is, how am I supposed to move on with my life if I can't trust anyone. From day 1 Ashton has showed that he cares about me.

I walked into my dark house. My parents were asleep, I assumed. I walked into my room and saw a note on my bed.

Dear Allison,

I don't know how to tell you this. I'll just say it. Remember, he loved you. Lately, your father and I have been having 'issues'. Your father left. I don't know where he went, but he left. He took all his belongings, some money, and some food. He also took a picture of you. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you this in person. By the time you're reading this, I'll most likely be at work. I'll be home by 12 am. I'm so sorry. I know you to were close.

Love,
Mom

I sat there rereading the note, numbly. After the 10th time reading the note, I crumpled it up and threw it in the floor.

I cried myself to sleep that night. I thought maybe things were looking up, they weren't.

AN: so I totally forgot to update yesterday. Whoops. Anyways, im getting super pumped for this story! Thanks for all the votes! Feedback is appreciated! Ily! xxx