Chapter Five

Julie and Ashton cleaned my cuts. I watched as the red liquid went down the drain. Ashton wrapped my forearm up. "Hey Ashton..I'm going to go get her something from the store. Can you watch her." Julie asked. "I don't need to be watched." I said, bluntly. "Yeah." Ashton said, ignoring my comment.

"Please don't tell the boys!" I begged, once Julie left the room. "Shhh." Ashton said, wrapping an arm around my waist, pulling me closer. I was tempted to pull away, but the look in his eyes told me not to. After a moment of silence, he asked the question I have been dreading. "Why." The way he said it, was more of a demanding way than a question. I looked down. He noticed my actions, and lifted my head. "Please. Just tell me." He said, looking into my eyes. I looked away, and told him. Everything.

"I became depressed last year. I had a boyfriend, Ethan. Ethan and I were together for a year and a half. One day he texted me saying 'I'm sorry, but I found someone better.' That's when it started. I have always had bad anxiety. I remember the night we broke up like it was yesterday. That night I cried myself asleep. That became a part of my routine. Eat, shower, cry until I fall asleep. Then I began to cut. Nobody wanted to be my friend. I spent an entire year alone. Then I got Twitter, thinking that would make me feel better. A couple weeks after I made a Twitter, I began getting hate. I saw things like, 'you suck' and 'you're worthless' and I, of course, believed them. I started to starve myself. I thought being skinny would make me feel better about myself. I got hate for being to skinny. I tried everything I could to please them. Nothing worked. Since then, I've been getting hate. I can't do this anymore, Ashton. I can't." I said, sobbing into his chest.

...

Ashton's P.O.V

To: squad
"emergency. come to my house now"

...

"What's the emergency?" Luke asked, followed by Michael and Calum. They all sat down.

"At the party, Allison was in the bathroom, and she ran into me. I asked her if she wanted to hang out with me, and she agreed. After a while she went to the bathroom, and left her phone. Julie texted her, so I asked if there was anyway I could help with Allison's nerves. Julie asked how I had Allison's phone, and I told her. She told me to get Allison out of the bathroom. I opened the door and Allison was there, crying. She tried to hide her scars. I pulled her into Luke's room and asked her how long she had been doing it, and she said a year. Then she ran to her house. She started cutting, and when Julie and I saw her, she was broken. When Julie left she told me not to tell you all. Allison told me about why she cut. She said she can't do it anymore." I told them.

They all looked shocked. "Is someone with her now?" Michael asked. I shrugged. Calum got up and ran to her house, followed by all of us. By the time we arrived, we were out of breath. I ran into her room. She was on the floor, her arm unwrapped. She was breathing shallow breaths. Luke ran to her, picking her up bridal style, and rushed to the car.

...

"Someone needs to stay with her tonight. You can decide among yourselves who, but she will need to be watched at all times." The doctor said. The doctor left us, and we decided who should stay with her. "I should go. I know the full story." I said. "We're her friends to!" Calum said. After a few minutes of arguing I heard a voice, so quiet it was as if it was a whisper say, "Stop."

"Alli!" Michael said, running to her. Luke, Calum, and I followed. "We're all staying with you tonight." Luke said.

...

I laid Allison on her bed. She said she was feeling good enough to do things herself, but we still told her we were staying. "I call right here!" I said, jumping on her bed, next to her. Something flashed through her eyes, when I said that. She looked scared, like I was going to hurt her. "I'll sleep here." Luke said, jumping onto Allison's chair. Michael got a blanket and pillow, and set up his make-shift bed, next to Allison, on the floor. Calum did the same as Michael, except on my side. By the time we were done, it was 8 pm.

"You okay?" I whispered to Allison. She looked at me, nodded, and turned away from me. We were all watching a movie. I turned her around, so she was facing me. "Hey. Watch the movie, beautiful." I whispered, giving her a reassuring smile. She got her phone out, and checked her texts. "My parents won't be home for a week. They're work is making them stay a week extra." She frowned. I kissed the top of her head. When she thought I wasn't looking, she checked Twitter. Michael noticed as well. He took her phone. "Michael, please." She whispered, trying not to wake Luke and Calum. He shook his head. She sighed. Allison has a queen sized bed so pulled Allison and I over, so Michael could get on the bed.

After a while, Allison and Michael fell asleep. Allison had her head rested on Michael's shoulder, and Michael had his arm around her shoulders. I wrapped my arm around her waist, and fell asleep.

Allison's P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of birds. Ashton and Michael were still sleeping. I grabbed my phone out of Michael's pocket, and got on Twitter. I saw a bunch of positive comments, but as I scrolled down they faded into negative comments. "Stop." Ashton whispered, grabbing my phone. Apparently, all the boys were up. Ashton tossed my phone to Luke, and Luke threw it to Calum. "Please." Michael whispered. "Can I shower?" I asked them. They nodded and let me up.

...

Once I was done showering, I got dressed in black running shorts, and a white tee. I put my bracelets on for obvious reasons. I walked out of my bathroom to see only Calum. "Hey. We need to talk." Calum said. "Um okay." I replied.

"Ashton didn't want to tell you yet, but the boys and I are a band. We're getting pretty popular, and we just wanted to ask you, if we were to go on tour, would you want to come with us?"

"You all are going on tour aren't you?"

"No! Not yet!"

"I don't know, Calum. I would, but I don't know."

"Okay. Uh..Ashton really wanted you to say yes."

"Why?"

"I don't know. I guess he didn't want to leave his friend behind."

Calum turned to go downstairs. "I'll go." I said. Calum turned around and smiled. He mouthed 'Thank you.'

Ashton's P.O.V

"She's coming!" Calum said, happily. "Yes!" We all said in unison. "Does she know when?" I asked. Calum's smile faded a little. "She asked if we were leaving and I said not yet, so no." I nodded and ran upstairs.

AN: wooo so I love this chapter so much:) hope you guys do too! Thanks for voting for this story! If you don't remember what Allison looked like or want to know, go to chapter one and the picture of the girl is what I imagine Allison to look like;)