LONG WAY TO GO

Abhimaan threw the cigarette butt. Realising a breath he turned towards his car. Reaching his car he opened the car door. Meera was sitting in the same posture. She wasn't sobbing but tears were flowing continuously.

Abhimaan opened her seat belt. Dragged her out of the car. Closing her side of the door, he pushed Meera on the car. Yet she didn't match his eyes.

Abhimaan came near, very near to Meera and nuzzling her cheeks and neck, he whispered "start"

Meera getting indication started complaining meekly "humesha gussa karte ho. Atleast mujhe kaha toh karo ki kyu gussa kar rahe ho. Meri koi galti hai toh mujhse kehte kyu nhi. I will apologise , I will ask for forgiveness. But ese kon gussa karta hai. Aap ko pata hai na aap car chala nhi rahe thay udda rahe thay. Mereko baas stroke ane hi wala tha ki break mar diya apne. Kabhi meri baat sunte nhi ho. Humesha........."
(Everytime you would furious for one or another reason. Atleast let me know my mistake for which you are this angry. If you don't like anything from myside why don't you directly tell that to me. I will apologise, i will ask for forgiveness. But who gets this furious without any reason. You know right that weren't driving rather flying the car. I was about to get a stroke but luckily you pulled the breaks. Do you ever listen to my concerns. Everytime.......)

Meera's unstoppable chuntering came to an end when Abhimaan kissed her on lips. FIRST PROPER KISS. whose? BOTH.

It was both Meera's and Abhimaan's first proper kiss. Being satisfied with the kiss, they parted their lips away. Patting heavily both had their nose touched sideways.

"I, being a gentleman wanted to ask ki 'may I kiss you' but me being the beast as well couldn't wait for your approval" Abhimaan whispered

"How..... How do you know ki mein han karti? I could have rejected your advances as well" Meera asked

(How......How do you know that I would have said yes? I could have rejected your advances as well)

Abhimaan smirked "Naah!! Tum mana nhi karti. Kyu?...... kyunki abhi thodi der pehle you were kissing me not the other way around. Meine toh sirf initiate kiya usse conclusion tak tumne pahuncha ya" It was then Meera raised her eyes looking at Abhimaan.
(Naah!! You wouldn't have declined my advances. Why?......cause just now you were kissing me deeply not the other way around. I just initiated the kiss i was you who dragged it to conclusion)

"Hmmm, gussa kyu aya tha achanak se?" Meera asked
(Hmmm, why were you annoyed suddenly?)

Abhimaan didn't reply but only gazed at Meera. She understood that he won't answer this question hence she shot another one.

"Cigarette peena zaruri tha?" Meera asked
(Is it necessary to smoke?)

Inhaling deeply he said "kabhi kabhi peena is fine"
(Sometimes smoking is fine, it won't hurt)

Meera lowered her eyes and asked "even if I don't like, kabhi kabhi peena is fine?"
(Even if i don't like, is smoking fine for you?)

"Meera"

"Maan"

Entwining their fingers Meera said "Maan, mein apko badalna nhi chahti. Sab kehte hain ki am the reason for your change but I love the way you are. The way you behave. Everything"

(Maan, i don't want to change your way of living. Everyone says that am the reason for your changes but I love the way you are. The way you behave. Everything)

"Jaan, you are saying so cause this is your Maan but when it comes to Abhimaan they too are not wrong"

Meera was stucked hearing the endearment 'jaan' next comes 'your maan'. This is more than enough for Meera to handle at once.

"Jaan!" Meera whispered frowning

"You call me Maan so I can call you Jaan, right? Moreover both have good rhythm"

Meera standing on her toes kissed Abhimaan's forehead, coming down she bit his nose.

"Why?" Abhimaan asked

"For getting angry at me that to for no reason"

Meera again stood on her toes and bit his upper lips.

"What for ma'am?" asked Abhimaan

"Smoking"

"Acha"
(Okay)

Again Meera bit his left ear. Abhimaan raised his eyebrows in questioning manner

"For not letting me enjoy my icecream"

"Ooohkk then I promise that I will purchase you 2 more to compensate"

"Mein darr gyi thi. Mujhe apke gusse se darr lagta hai Maan. Pata nhi kyu I start shivering, witnessing your anger. Mann toh karta hai ki I will embrace you tightly and will kiss you senselessly. So that apka sara gussa gayab ho jaye"

(I was really scared. I am terrified when it comes to dealing with your anger issues. I feel like embracing you tightly and kissing you senseless. So that all your irritation will fly away)

"Toh kiya kyu nhi yeh sab?"
(Then, why didn't you do all this?)

"Was Scared"

"Scared that I will hurt you?"

"No. I know that you will never hurt me. Am afraid of the circumstances. Mujhe dar hai ki, kabhi esa situation na aye jisse mein handle na kar pau and ultimately will lose you"

(................I am scared regarding what if a situation comes which I won't be able to handle and will ultimately lose you)

Meera had tears in her eyes. Abhimaan raised her chin and asked softly "hey! What happened?"

"Mein bas apko khona nhi chahti"

( I just don't want to lose you) Meera answered

Abhimaan said nothing only rubbed Meera's back trying to console her.

Abhimaan brought sleeping Meera to their room in bridal style. Lying down beside her, he caressed her cheeks.

He knew that he has a long way to go. He will happily continue this journey only if he will have Meera as his companion.

Slowly Abhimaan drifted off to sleep burying his face in the crook of Meera's neck.

On the other hand two persons were discussing about the deterioration of the royal couple.

'Shivaansh Singh Rathore should never get happiness in his life. If I suffered because of him then he will suffer for his own deeds. Earlier it was his love his wife this time it's his son his life' Rudrani Devi pledged

'Meera...........hook or by crook you will be mine. You deserve better than Abhimaan you deserve me The Rajveer Ranawat future king to the throne' Rajveer thought

Sun shone inside Abhimaan's bedroom disturbing Abhimaan's peaceful slumber. Grunting he turned his head, coming face to face with Meera.

He blew air over her face drawing patterns. "Umhmhn stop it" Meera mumbled turning her face away.

Abhimaan continued blowing air this time near her ear sending tingling sensation all over her body.

"Nhi na...... mat kariye na Maan" saying so Meera hugged Abhimaan's torso. Abhimaan in return caressed her hair.
(No...... don't do this Maan)

His eyes fell on the table clock ticking to 5 in the morning." Get up Meera it's 5 already"

"It's only 5. I read somewhere getting up at odd hours brings misfortune. We will wake at even hours" Meera muttered with drowsiness

Abhimaan smiled hearing her excuse and let her sleep but unknown to him somehow he also slept along with Meera in his arms.