31.

A few months later :

Y/n's POV :

The school year has finally came to an end, the cool yet hot weather started to arrive at Hogwarts. I know what you are wondering, what happened with Draco.
Well, Draco decided to leave the school. For him, it was the best solution if we both wanted to have a healthy relationship. I understood his decision, as he said, he left during the Christmas holidays.

At first, it was very hard, the fact that he was broken and I was the one causing him all this pain. Once a week, I sent an owl to him ; I never knew where he left, but, the owl always came with nothing, that means that he received my letters, but never replied to one of them. I felt bad, though, I continued sending him letters, telling him how much I was sorry, how he was feeling, how my week was. Still, I never got a response until one day, it was a Friday afternoon, class finished as usual, I went in the Slytherin Common Room, I took a piece of parchment and started to write, then I sent it. The next morning, I received a letter of him, saying :

"Dear Y/n,
I'm sorry I didn't respond to any of your letters before. I wasn't ready. But, now I am. I can answer the question 'how are you doing?'
Well, I'm doing great now, leaving Hogwarts has been a huge relief for me. (It's not entirely your fault).
I thought of leaving before what happened between us ; I thought of leaving when I started to catch feelings for you. But, I just couldn't leave you, I needed to try and see where it would lead us... well, it didn't end well, but still, I'd like to ask you, how about we stay friends?
We can still give news to each other.
Stop saying you're sorry, I forgive you, for everything Y/n.
I hope your school year ends well and that your last evening there will be memorable.
Sincerely,
D.M."

At that exact moment, I was feeling so much emotions at the same time ; happiness, relief, excitement. I had to bit my fist to muffle my scream of happiness that was willing to go out.
You're probably wondering what happened to Elena and Hannah.
They're still friends, Elena's still here when I need her and I'm here for her when she needs me, concerning Hannah, well, the situation hasn't changed, we're still avoiding each other since our hook-up. It was better this way.

Today was the last day of school, everyone gathered in the Great Hall, sat in their respective houses and waited for Dumbledore to pronounce his usual speech after each year at Hogwarts.
Dumbledore was sat with all the Professors, one missing ; Draco.
Concerning the Potions class, it was Snape who did them since his departure. It was a nightmare.

The old man lifted his glass at the level of his eyes and softly tapped a spoon on it to make a noise, so everyone's attention would be on him.

"Thank you. The school year has ended, some students will leave, some students will stay, some students will arrive next year, well, we all take decisions in our lives, just like Professor Malfoy, who left during the Christmas holidays. He was an excellent student back then, and an excellent Professor when he was teaching here. I know that for some of you, this year wasn't the best, but you kept going, and that's what we should remember now. That you did all your best to finish what you've started. I'll always remember the great souls that were here, as students, teachers or our dear ghosts who supervise each of the Houses. Thank you for listening to my words and enjoy your last dinner at Hogwarts! I'll see you in September for a new year!"

We all cheered for his speech and the food instantly appeared on the long tables.

"You're all going to miss me," said Elena towards Hannah and I.

"You're going to miss me too, Elena," I said smiling.

"Y/n?"

I turned around and my eyes widened. No way. It couldn't be true...