Chapter 8

"I know, I know. I will come soon, I don't know, maybe in a month or two not that much can happen within that timeline that can change my mind besides what would happen?" I said while flipping the egg on the pan. I'm on the phone with Emma right now. I feel arms wrap around my waist and smile. "Good Morning" I say smiling looking at his fluffy blonde hair. "Good Morning" he says back but it's muffled into my neck.

I move my neck from his head and he then realizes I'm on the phone. "Oh hey Emma how are you?" he asks her. "I'm doing good, what about you guys?" she says back. They talk for a few more minutes until I say "Okay Emma the eggs are done and we need to eat and we have some plans for tonight as well. I'll call you back.". After saying our goodbyes we dive into the eggs.

"So any news or say on how much longer we'll be here for?" I ask Rowan. "No, why do you wanna leave?" he asks, straightening up in worry. "No, no, it's just I was curious. That's all" I say.

He grips the back of my hand and kisses it. "Are you okay? You know after last night the scream really terrified me especially knowing it was coming from you. I would hate to see you cry and hurt and all that drenched in your own sweat shaking. Hearing that bloody scream leave your precious mouth woke me up right away."

"I'm fine, I told you. Now you're making me feel bad for waking you up." I say, narrowing my eyes at him. "What? No it can never be your fault I was worried and scared. I love you so much, don't ever say you feel bad." He says hugging me. Last night was fucking horrifying I had a nightmare about my mom.

                                                                            ...

Last Night

"Stop, mom please, that hurts so much. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I saw sobbing begging her to stop punching me in my face. "NO YOU'RE THE REASON MY HUSBAND LEFT YOU PATHETIC WHORE. I hate you and you deserve every bit of abuse you get. I hope you get married only so you can feel pain." She screams in my face with her spit flying everywhere. Oh god she's opening another beer bottle.

"Mom don't you think that's enough for the night." I say. "Shut up!" she says back to me, her lips curling in a sneer. I move myself in the corner of the dark room pulling my arms over my knees and my head down as silent tears stream down my face.

It got so eerily quiet all the sudden. I open my eyes and see my mother standing in front of me. "You dumb pathetic weak little bitch did I say you can sleep." She says yanking me up to my feet by wrapping her fist around my hair. I let out something mixed between a whimper and scream as she hits me on the head with her beer bottle. Shards of glasses go everywhere.

I feel blood dripping down my head as I fall to the floor. She kneels in front of me grabbing a piece of glass and slicing me on the side of my neck, face, and arms. "MOM PLEASE STOP, IT HURTS SO MUCH. I CAN'T TAKE IT." I sob screaming and wriggling around in the tight grip she has me in.

"Wake up. Please, you're scaring me. I love you so much. You're safe, you're okay" someone whispers in my ears. Rowan. My Rowan.

I open my eyes and see my hands gripping his shirt as tears are streaming down my cheeks. He has tears in his eyes. I hate that I'm the reason he has tears in his beautiful eyes. I clutch onto his shirt and he holds me in his embrace. He repeats "I love you." and "You're safe." and "You're not going anywhere." to me over and over again.

                                                                    ...

We just came back from shopping and buying many new sweaters and are ready to go to a club because we haven't gone in a month and I need to get drunk. While Rowan is getting ready I video call Emma. "How do I look? I say I look pretty hot." I'm wearing a short red satin dress that reaches just two inches above my knee. "You do babe. Have fun tonight for the both of us." she says to me.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What do you mean?" I ask her. "I mean that I'm going on a date tonight and I have no idea how it's going to turn out. Of course I like the guy because why else would I be going out with him if I don't like him, you know what I mean. But like what if I drop water or something all over him." she says. "Bitch you are by far the hottest woman I know and you don't stutter, you eat and leave no crumbs. Don't stress it." I said while applying red lipstick on my lips. "Awww thank you my beautiful goddess.". We say our good-byes and hang up.

Rowan walks in and stares at me from up to down. "You're wearing that?" he asks in a judgmental tone. "Yes and?" I say. "You can't possibly wear something so" he stops for a second and then continues. "Revealing. You're my girlfriend no one is supposed to see you in these types of clothes besides me." My eyes widen and I then roll my eyes at him. "The fuck is that supposed to mean. So then I guess you can't wear shorts anymore because your legs belong to me." I say.

"That's not what I mean. You know that's not what I mean. It's just it looks like you're asking wait not asking but screaming that 'Oh I'm unavailable and shit.'" he says waving his hands around. "Are you saying I look slutty cause you first said something else and then changed your words." I said, raising my voice. "No, I- whatever wear the fuck you want I'm waiting." he says as he slams the door. I flinch and blink the tears away from my eyes.

                                                                 ...

I've been dancing for a while now and I'd say I'm not completely drunk and Rowan is drinking and watching me from the corner of his eye. I feel two hands grip my waist and freeze. That's not Rowan. This guy whoever the fuck he is moves his hand down further. "Stop, get your hands off me" I said. "Or what?" he whispers in my ear. "She said get the fuck off her you dick." Rowan says as he grabs me to his side and punches the guy.

One minute I was dancing and now Rowan and the guy are swinging punches at each other. I was stuck in my place and didn't know what to do. I guess I should stop them. Guess. "Rowan stop! Stop hitting him. You're going to kill him." I said, grabbing onto his arm. Suddenly I felt myself fall on the floor. I gasp out Rowan's name as my hand touches my nose. Rowan.Just. Punched.Me.

It's that moment Rowan kneels to me. "SHIT. I'm so sorry my hand flew back and I didn't even know how that happened. FUCK let's go home.".

We're in the car right now and I'm softly humming as tears slide down my cheeks. "I don't know whether I want to be a piece of shit and blame you and say 'Oh I told you so' or fucking cry because of how sorry I am" he says. "Are you fucking with me right now? You want to blame me?" I scoff. "You're right. I'm sorry, it was an accident. I didn't mean for that to happen. My hand flew back. I was just so pissed. But that's no excuse, just please forgive me." he takes my hand in his and kisses it. "Fine I forgive you only cause it was an accident though." I said looking out the window realizing we've reached home.

The rest of the night goes by with him taking care of my face and me telling Emma everything and us cuddling. I've never been more scared in my life.

A/N: What do you think of Rowan now? I love you guys sfm I don't know if I say it enough. Stay safe! <3333