Chapter 19

Trigger Warning

I wake up and the side of the bed seems messed up. Our clothes are discarded everywhere on the floor. I clutch the blanket to my chest. The bed is covered with blood and other stuff. I grab my phone from our drawers and think about how I should talk to Emma, Darren, and Quinton.

I start texting in our chat starting with the truth about what his mom said, when I got to that part about my birthday night and the story of his ex and sisters I hear the door opening and I shove my phone under my pillow.

I thought he wasn't home? Did he not go to work?

I force my eyes shut tightly and try not to breathe heavily. The fear in my chest only increased. My teeth clatter when his hands stroke my cheek softly before grabbing it towards him fast, his fingers digging into my flesh making me gasp.

"I knew you were awake. My dirty little liar. It's okay you're my favorite one or only one. Always lying," he shoves me away, grabbing my phone under my pillow and throwing it across the room. I sat up straight, my body in shock about why he threw it across the room. I get up to check my phone but the moment I stand my legs collapse under me. I do nothing but stare at the cracked screen.

"Why would you do that?" I ask pulling at his leg. He bends down pulling me to his chest letting me cry softly. I hit his chest with my hands and he didn't stop me. I hate him. I hate him so much. I've felt this love before with my mother, but I have no idea which is worse. This type of same old love.

He grabs my wrists forcing me to stop banging my hands against his chest. "Because I knew you were trying to be a little snitch you bitch. God, you're like an itch on my back. Would you look at that, I rhymed? Fuck off, you're mine don't you get that? If you try to tell your friends or run away again. I swear to motherfucking god I will reign hell upon you." he says, shoving me onto the floor, my face buried in the carpet.

HIs hands roam around my body but I do nothing to stop him. I know nothing I do will stop him so I don't, my tears fall on the soft carpet below me. I think about how I didn't see the signs about how stupid I am. I hate myself so much. As he continues violating me and my body I ask him "Would you miss me if I died? What if I killed myself?".

He stops "Of course I would miss you if you died. I would never let you kill yourself." he says pressing kisses on my hair. I feel pain everywhere, not just in my heart or in my mind but physically too. Physically everywhere like where he's violating me and everywhere he put his hand on me.

I've been abused before so this doesn't strike as hard, but I've never been raped. I feel so vulnerable and that makes me feel weak, this is all my fault.

He lifts me up and pushes me into the wall. I groan because of the pain that just struck through my body. He punches me in the face and kicks me in places he's entered without consent. Then he continues his abuse and punishment to my body.

...

Looking around me I don't see Rowan. The room is a mess and I try to get up. Once I stand I look at the desk and see a note.

'I'll be gone for an hour or two. I went to hang out with Ross.'

I think about how he's gone and will be for an hour. Scrolling through Netflix I notice my suitcases are still in the living room. Going into the living room I quickly try to take them and put my shoes on. Closing the door I inhale the fresh air I haven't got in a while. My legs hurt so bad I can't run but I walk with my head down so now one can see how badly bruised my face is among other things.

When I make it at Emily's house I knock on her door. I wait for five minutes before walking away because she might be at work. I hear the door opening and hear Emily's voice.

"Malia?" she asks. I turn around and walk back to her house. She moves to the side to let me in. When she closes the door I lift my head and she gasps.

"What the hell happened to your face? Was it Rowan?" she asks when I don't respond she says "It was, wasn't it.".  She takes my hands and lets me sit on the couch as she pours in water for the both of us. "So are you okay? What happened, I mean if you want me to know and if you're comfortable of course."

"On my birthday we went to his parents house and his mom basically warned me if I want to be happy I shouldn't be with him. After that he wasn't actually home but knew it was my birthday. When we came home that night, that's when it started."

"What started? Him hitting you?"

"Yes. You were right, I guess you are jumping and smirking in glee in your head right now that you were right. But he said he loves me, I don't understand how you hurt someone you love. How can you manipulate, blackmail, or hurt someone you love? Do I apologize? Did I do something wrong? I just don't understand this!" I say sobbing.

"NO. Don't you dare apologize. You are for sure not in the wrong, no offense but Malia he needs to be behind bars. I wish I was wrong about him being a best friend. Why would I want my best friend who's like my sister hurt." she says hugging me but stops when I wince. I continue telling her the rest of what happened.

"Please tell me you're joking? He raped you?" she asks, tears pouring out of her eyes, her chin trembling in fear as I nod. "Oh, baby. Shit! We need evidence for this in the future like with cops and court and all that shit.".

I lift my shirt for her to take a photo of the R and then take off my sweats for what he carved into my legs. She takes photos of the bruises and the marks and handprints.

"It's like every time I said you love me I was trying to convince myself that he loves me." I said getting more comfortable next to her.

"Don't let the image of a perfect relationship ruin the idea of what love and family actually is for you. I'm going to take you to my room and I'll give you my phone and please call Quinton, Emma, and Darren. Also you can sleep with me if you feel comfortable." she says softly.

"Of course I would feel comfortable with you. Thank you so much, but can you stay in the room with me while I tell them."

"Of course."

The moment we go into the room I call them.

"Hey-" Quinton's sentence falls along with his smile. "What the fuck happened to you?" he says his voice deadly calm but almost filled with anger.

I clear my throat saying  "Yeah, uhm there's something I need to tell you guys.".

A/N: You see what I did there with the sol. Victim blaming hurts so much. I wanna jump in there and tell her that it's far from her fault etc. I hope you liked it! Don't forget to vote, share, and comment! ily, stay safe<3.