Panic 🔥

Colt

I KNEW BARRETT WAS a sick motherfucker, but there aren't words strong enough to describe how enraged I was when I saw his hands on Darcy in my club.

I didn't plan on killing the bastard yet but once I stepped outside and noticed his hand around Darcy's neck as she struggled to breathe, I didn't even hesitate to put a bullet through the side of his head.

Darcy was freaked the fuck out. Understandably so. I wanted to explain to her that it probably wasn't a good idea for her to walk back to her hotel barefoot and covered in blood but she darted down the sidewalk, trying to put as much distance between her and I as possible.

I caught up quickly to her and placed my hand on her shoulder to get her attention. She whipped around and smacked my arm.

"Don't touch me. Don't EVER fucking touch me!" She screamed.

She hugged her arms around her petite waist as she backed up into the cement wall behind her.

She sank down while pulling her knees to her chest and holding her arms tightly around her legs. By the time I reached out and grabbed her she was unconscious. I scooped her up and cradled her in one arm while my other hand dug into my pocket for my phone.

I dialed Tony's number. Tony was my right hand man. We've been friends for years and I trusted him with my life.

"Tony, we're on the way back. Have the car ready."

*****

Darcy

The first thing I noticed when I opened my eyes was the pounding headache I had. The second thing I noticed was that I was back in my hotel room with no memory of how I got here.

I climbed out of bed, groaning in pain as every muscle in my body protested the movement. My bare feet padded along the carpet as I made my way into the bathroom.

I flipped on the light and took a look in the mirror. My breath hitched as my finger tips traced over the bruises on my face and neck. My blood shot eyes filled with tears as I recalled last night. Oh shit. My tears instantly dried and my hands began to shake as I remembered one detail. Barrett was fucking dead.

I ran out of the bathroom and began stuffing my belongings back into my suitcase as fast as I could. I quickly got dressed. I threw on a cropped sweatshirt, high waisted leggings & sneakers. I placed a ball cap over my head to hide most of the dried blood that crusted in my hair. I slid a pair of large sunglasses over my eyes in an attempt to conceal most of the bruising on my face.

My hand reached down into my purse. I pulled out my phone and dialed a familiar number. It rang only a few times before I heard my Mother's voice on the other end of the line.

"Hello?"

I stayed silent for a few moments before she spoke again.

"Darcy? Are you there?"

"Hey Mom, I'm here," I said as a tear slipped down my cheek.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine mom, I just wanted to hear your voice," I replied while smiling my first genuine smile all week.

I swear my mother had some kind of superpower. Whenever I'm at my lowest, all I had to do is pick up the phone and listen to her voice. She always calmed the storms brewing in my brain.

"I love you. I have to go."

"I love you too, Darce."

I hung up the phone and shoved it back into my bag then I grabbed my luggage and made my way down to the lobby. My legs made long strides to the front desk. I dropped the key card on the desk and said, "Checking out."