Capo

Darcy

"MARRY ME."

The words seemed to come from Colton's lips in slow motion. I blinked a few times and climbed off of Colton's lap.

"You don't mean that," I replied.

"I do. I want you to be mine forever."

My mouth went dry as my brain struggled to find the right words to say. My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of Colton's phone ringing inside the pocket of his pants on the floor. He sighed and stood up, digging his hand into the pocket to retrieve it.

"Bishop," He answered. "What? I'll be right there." He hung up the phone and I looked at him quizzically as he got dressed.

"Luca is dead," He said, answering my unspoken question. I leaped from the bed and pulled on a t-shirt and jeans and followed him out the door and into the car. Colt remained silent and expressionless the entire drive to The Siren.

When we arrived, the bouncer let us in through the front door. Colton grabbed my hand as we pushed through dancing bodies trying to reach the elevator. We rode up to the second floor and stood there waiting to be buzzed through. The elevator doors opened, and we stepped into a penthouse that sat above the club. Marco stood in the middle of the room; his eyebrows furrowed in concern. Colton kept my hand in his as we walked towards him.

Marco sat down on the couch and ran his hand down his face before speaking. "Luca lost too much blood from the GSW. He went into shock not long after the doctor removed the bullet and stitched him up. He went into cardiac arrest, and they weren't able to bring him back."

Colt dropped my hand. He remained stoic and continued to listen to Marco.

"All of his businesses, hotels, restaurants, and clubs are now yours. You are the leader of the La Cosa Nostra in Seattle." Marco said as he extended his hand. Colt grabbed it and they shared a stiff handshake. "We answer to you now, capo."

*****

Colt

Reality came crashing down on me as my worst nightmare came true. I didn't want to rule the mafia that ultimately led to my father's demise.

"Why not you? You're his nephew," I asked Marco.

"I wondered the same thing. Luca said you were older than me and more levelheaded. You've also been in the game longer than I have. He trusts you completely." I nodded slowly. I shared a quick glance with Darcy. Her wide eyes darted between Marco and me as she tried to take in the new information.

"I'll be calling a meeting shortly. The majority of our men will attend so we can explain what's going on. We'll be at the Lusso Hotel," Marco said as he picked up his keys and walked to the elevator. "See you there, Capo."

Once he disappeared behind the door, I turned my attention to Darcy.

"Capo, huh?" She said with a seductive smile.

I put my thumb under her chin and tilted her face up towards mine.

"Call me that again and I'll bend you over right here," I growled at her.

"I believe we have somewhere to be, Capo," She whispered in my ear. My cock grew hard, and Darcy smirked when she could feel it pushing into her thigh. She turned to walk towards the elevator, and I smacked her ass through her jeans, causing her to yelp. I wrapped my arms around her waist from behind and bent down to nip at her earlobe.

"I'll deal with you later," I growled in her ear.

Goosebumps spread across her arms, and I released her from my grasp. I chuckled as Darcy practically sprinted to the elevator, averting her eyes from mine as her cheeks grew red.

We left the club and got back into my car. I took the long way to the hotel trying to figure out what I was going to say during the meeting. Once we arrived, we navigated the halls to Luca's- I mean my office.

As we approached, I saw at least 30 men sitting at the large wooden table. They all stood when I entered the room. I took my seat at the head of the table and Darcy leaned against the wall in the back of the room.

"Please sit." My voice came out louder than I had intended it to. I winced as I felt it boom against every wall and echo straight back to me. No one else seemed to react though. Probably my imagination seeing as how I'm nervous as fuck. Once everyone was seated Marco began talking.
"As you are all aware from my briefing earlier, Luca died from his injuries during the attack from the Irish. He has appointed Colton Bishop as the new head. You will all answer to him from now on. Colton?" He prompted me to speak. I sat up straight in my chair and rested my forearms on the table.

"I'll be honest with you all by saying I was completely unprepared for this. Here is how I'd like to handle things. Marco, I want you running everything to do with the underground. I trust and respect your opinion, but if you need any insight, please report to me. I'll handle the business and legal side of everything. The hotel, restaurant, and club employees will be my responsibility," I continued. "I feel confident in saying the Irish won't return any time soon, but I can't be absolutely certain about that. I want you all to keep your eyes peeled, reach out to your contacts and connections. If you hear whispers of anything you must tell Marco and I immediately. Any objections?"

A chorus of "no" sounded from the group. I nodded my head and stood to take my leave. Darcy joined me at my side, and I wrapped my arm around her waist as we left the room.

"That was kinda hot," She joked.

"Can I be honest with you for a moment?"

Her face turned serious. "Of course, Colt."

"I feel like I'm in way over my head."

She placed her hands on either side of my neck and her brown eyes looked into mine. "Luca was right about you. You're smart, practical, and protective of those you care about. You excel in everything you do, and I don't think this will be an exception. I'll be by your side every step of the way."

I crashed my lips to hers and backed her into the wall of the hallway. She moaned against my lips, and I slipped my tongue into her mouth, desperate to taste her. I picked her up and she wrapped her legs around my waist, her mouth still on mine as our tongues danced together. She pulled her head back for a moment and looked at me, her chest heaving as she tried to catch her breath.

"Yes, by the way," She whispered.

"Yes, what?"

"Yes, I'll marry you."