Watch 🔥

Darcy

QUINN MET ME AT a boutique just outside of Seattle. She helped me pick a beautiful gown and took me out for coffee afterwards. We sat across from each other at a small wooden table inside the quaint cafe. While sipping on our lattes I caught her up on everything that had happened since the last time I saw her. She reached across the table and grabbed my hands.

"You're tough as nails, girl."

I smiled.

"We should do this more often," I said.

"I agree, and I'm sure it's nice to get away from grumpy Bishop from time to time."

"He's not that bad." I laughed.

We finished our coffees and went our separate ways.

When I arrived at Colt's condo I walked through the front door and made my way upstairs. I put my dress in a garment bag and hung it up in the closet. My phone dinged and I looked at the screen, there was a text from Colton.

I'll be home late. Got wrapped up in some work with Luca.

I took a quick shower before climbing in the bed and falling asleep.

I woke up again to an empty bed. I sat up and saw a note on the nightstand. I squinted my eyes as I tried to decipher Colt's messy handwriting.

Had to leave before you woke up. See you tonight.

I stood up from the bed and stretched. I glanced at the clock. I had five hours before the gala. I went downstairs to make myself some breakfast. I came around the corner of the staircase to find Tony on the couch eating a bowl of cereal. I jumped out of my skin and put my hand on my chest trying to slow my heart rate.

"Jesus, Tony! You scared the shit out of me."

"Sorry, Darce. Colt has been working on something with Luca. He asked me to give you a ride to the gala later and I was hungry, so I figured I'd come by here and eat Colton's food instead of mine at home." He said while taking another bite of cereal, dripping milk from his spoon onto Colt's expensive couch.

"Well, help yourself, Tony," I said sarcastically.

"You don't have to tell me twice," He replied as he kicked his feet up onto the coffee table and turned on the TV.

I grabbed an apple off the counter and went back upstairs. I wanted to take time on my hair and makeup, so I figured I'd better start now. I started by taking a bath and shaving every inch of my body. I dried my hair, then styled it in elegant bouncy curls. I did a full face of makeup and applied some soft pink blush to the apples of my cheeks. I swiped on some black mascara and finished my look with a deep red lipstick. Once I was done, I pulled my dress from the closet and stepped into it.

I had a feeling Colton's favorite color was green, so I chose a satin emerald green gown that hugged my body and flared out slightly towards my ankles. There was a slit that stopped at the top of my thigh. It had a sweetheart neckline that showed off some of my cleavage with sleeves that hung off my shoulders and fitted around my upper arms.

I put on a few gold bracelets and a pair of nude heels to match. I shoved my phone into my gold clutch and went downstairs. Tony stood waiting for me in the living room. He wore a navy suit with a brown tie to match his brown leather dress shoes.

"You look great," he said with a small smile.

I followed Tony out the front door and loaded up into his car. The drive to the hotel was short. When we pulled up, my mouth dropped at the beautiful building. Tony got out and handed his keys to the valet then made his way over to my door and helped me step down from his SUV.