Paranoia 🔥

A U T H O R S    N O T E

Be advised that POVs will jump around a lot in this chapter. This was the best way I could fit in the perspectives of our main characters. This one is a little longer than the others with a small steamy bit towards the end.

Colt

I WAS SITTING BEHIND my desk when my phone rang. I answered the call, it was Quinn informing me that Luca and a few of his guys had just arrived and were on their way up.

My phone buzzed and I pulled it out of my pocket to take a look. It was a text from Tony.

Darcy is fine. She tried to beat me with a lamp though.

I couldn't stop the smirk from forming on my lips, what the hell had Tony gotten himself into now? My thoughts were interrupted by a sharp knock on my door.

"Come in."

I stood as Luca and 3 of his men entered my office. I shook Luca's hand and gestured for him to take a seat.

"Great to see you, Bishop."

"It's always a pleasure, Luca. Well, let's get to it."

"I've been in touch with a few of my contacts in Philadelphia. Apparently, Barrett had ties with the Irish and they are out for blood. The Italians on the east coast have been laying low in an attempt to prevent conflict. We've been providing protection to a few of Barrett's former employees since his men have been targeting them as well."

"So I've heard." I replied while running my hand over my beard. "What have you heard regarding Darcy Miller?"

"There's a $500,000 price on her head. Since she was one of the last people seen with him before he died the Irish have been told to take her dead or alive. They know she's not in Philly."

I leaned back in my chair as I took in the information.

"She's here in Seattle. It won't take them long to piece together that information," I said.

"I'm sure they're on the way if they haven't already set foot in our city."

"How do you suggest we handle this?" I asked.

"We keep them at bay by any means necessary. I already have a few of my guys scoping around. They will report to me immediately if they spot anything suspicious."

"Darcy is innocent. She had no idea what Matthew was using his business for. We will protect her at all costs."

"I agree." Replied Luca as he nodded.

"Give my contact information to your men. I want to be in the know of anything going on in Seattle. I'll be in touch with Darcy and arrange protection for her."

"We are at your disposal. I'll let everyone know that they will also answer to you until this mess is resolved." Luca stood and extended his hand. I shook it firmly and reminded him to please be in contact if I could be of help.

*****

Darcy

Tony gave me Colton's number before he left me alone at Quinn's house. I triple checked every lock on the doors and windows. I clicked on Colton's contact. My finger hovered over the dial button as a churning feeling built in my gut.

I inhaled sharply as I pressed the screen and watched the call start. It rang twice before he answered.

"Speak."

"Bishop? It's Darcy."

"Are you okay?" His tone flooded with what seemed like genuine concern.

"I'm fine right now, but I think I'm in trouble." My voice shook as I spoke.