Home

Darcy
Two weeks later

THE LAST FOURTEEN DAYS had been very uneventful. After Colt rescued me from Murphy, we made the decision to move to a safe house in Cannon Beach, Oregon. Luca and his men stayed in Seattle and according to them, most of the Irish have left town.

Colton has been worried about me and asked that I stay in his room instead of the guest bedroom. I agreed and slept beside him every night. My wounds were almost fully healed. Thankfully my arm wasn't broken but I did have to wear a sling for a few days. Colt's private doctor gave me the go ahead to ditch it starting today.

I didn't mention anything about my father's death to Colton and I hadn't completely decided if I ever will. I stood out on the master suite balcony that overlooked the ocean, sipping on a glass of red wine. The chilly Oregon air whipped my hair around my face.

Life felt weirdly normal here. Like we were playing house. I wasn't convinced that I ever wanted to return to Seattle. The longer I stayed in isolation with Colt, the harder I fell for him. Goosebumps pricked my neck and I knew that Colton was behind me before he even said anything. He wrapped an arm around my waist and planted a kiss on my neck.

"What are you thinking about?"

"How I'd like to stay here forever," I answered honestly. Colt chuckled softly.

"Funny you mention that. I just got off the phone with Luca. Seattle should be safe enough for us to return."

I silently pouted. I wanted to protest but I knew Seattle was home to Colt and I'd follow him anywhere he went.

"When do we leave?"

"How about tomorrow?"

I turned around and smiled at him. I stood on my tip toes and placed a small kiss on the corner of his mouth.

"I think I love you," I blurted out without even thinking. My mind started running a million miles a minute.

I had only known Colton for three weeks, tops. I probably should have waited to admit my feelings, but there was an obvious reason we were so drawn to each other. I found myself becoming more superstitious the more time we spent together. Like our dreams might've actually had some meaning to them. Was this fate? Or just some sort of weird chance meeting that I was reading too much into? Either way, I had feelings for him. Strong feelings. There was no denying that.

My thoughts were interrupted by Colt tangling his hands in my hair and leaning down to put his lips on mine. His tongue brushed my lips and I parted them, allowing him in. He nipped at my lower lip and I threw my hands around his neck pulling him closer to me. His hands found their way to my ass and he grabbed a handful. I winced a bit, parts of my body were still sore from the accident. Colton broke our kiss and looked down at me with worry etched across his face.

"I'm fine. Just sore," I reassured him. I brought my mouth back to his then kissed along the stubble on his jaw. My lips made their way to his ear.

"I want you to fuck me," I whispered.

He took a step back and held me at an arm's length.

"Darcy, you don't know how badly I'd like to. But you need to heal. Give it a few more days." I pouted again and he chuckled as he gently swatted my ass.

"Go sit on the bed, let me change your bandages."

I sat down on the bed and took my shirt off. The cut across my chest was healing nicely but Colton insisted we continue to clean and bandage it every night until it healed completely. He removed the old bandage and frowned as he traced the skin beside the wound with his finger. He put some antiseptic on a cotton ball and carefully patted the cut. He put on new bandages and gave me another kiss before standing up to throw away his trash.

I climbed into our bed and under the covers. Not long after, Colton joined me. He wrapped his arms around me and protectively pulled me against his chest. I fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.

The next day we packed up our belongings we had scattered around the safe house and made the drive back to Seattle. The trip was a little over 3 hours and I slept most of the way, as usual. I woke up to Colt placing a hand on my thigh.

"We're home," He said while grinning.

He stepped out of the car and came around to open my door. He took my hand in his and helped me up. He grabbed our bags and led the way back to his condo.Once we were settled and unpacked, I took a quick shower. I grabbed one of Colt's t-shirts and pulled it on over my head then climbed into bed and snuggled under the blankets. Colton walked into the room with two plates.

"I tried to make dinner and it didn't go so well. Hope grilled cheese sandwiches are okay with you."

Colt cleared our plates away once we were finished and took them to the kitchen. When he returned he changed out of his dress shirt and pants and into a pair of joggers. He climbed into the bed under the covers. He pressed his chest to my back and ran his hand over my thigh. When he reached my hip he froze.

"No panties? You are going to be the death of me."

I laughed as I snuggled deeper into the bed.

"Luca is having a gala for the grand opening of a new hotel. It's in 2 days. Would you go with me?"

I turned around to face him.

"You're only giving me 2 days to find a gown, shoes and jewelry? Are you crazy?"

"Crazy about you," He said as he nuzzled his nose into my jaw. I swatted him away and rolled my eyes.

"I'll agree to go as long as you give Quinn the day off tomorrow so she can go shopping with me."

"Deal."

Colton kissed me sweetly again before turning off the lights. He wrapped me up in his arms and we both drifted off to sleep.

A U T H O R S   N O T E

I know this chapter was a little slow and boring, but I just felt like we needed a few cutesy moments after the heaviness of the last couple chapters.
Thank you for reading. 🤎