2 - PATIENCE

I massaged the temples of my head while my back is leaning on my seat. Chaeng told me it's the last subject now but we aren't allowed to go home yet because of the Student Council meeting.

The life of this woman is unbelievable. I want to go back in my boring life. No school anymore, just work, and no penis.

"I wanna go home," I mumbled on my seat and Rosé glanced at me, pain and longing is evident on her face.

"Me too," She said.

When I meant about home, she knew I was referring about my life and not in this world. Pain in her voice etched a sore in my chest. I can see it in my best friend's eyes how she wanted to go home but she failed to. She was alone but now I'm here, I won't make her feel like she's on her own anymore.

Rosé being stuck in this world or in J's diary changed her into someone she's not. The Rosé I knew in my life doesn't wear eyeglasses because she has perfect eyesight but in here she needs it especially for reading, in removing the eyewear will make her surroundings little blurry. Her hair was blonde but now it's pink, at least it's still straight though.

I grabbed her hand and softly brushed my thumb on her soft skin. "I'll find a way out in here. This is not our life, Chaeng,"

She pursed her lips and nodded at me giving me the look of 'I trust you'.

But a huge question marched on my head, Chaeng being in here is a mystery. Why did she go to the abandoned place in the first place? What brought her in there?

Out of curiosity, I asked.

"Chaeng. How did you find the abandoned house?" I asked and I felt her froze for a second but managed to compose herself as if her reaction never happened.

"I found it on the internet, got curious and tada! I'm here," She grinned and laughed awkwardly, because of that I'm not convinced with her reason.

"What? You don't believe me?" She pouted and pulled her hand from my grasp.

"Geez! That's a lame reason to go in there," I hissed.

"I swear! I am not lying. I found it on ScrollTok, the people were talking about it and said that a lot of people went in there but never even came out. So, I checked it myself," She explained.

Right. The ScrollTok, it was like the TikTok before. One thing I know about Chaeng is that she's a to-see-is-to-believe type of person.

"How about the police? Didn't they investigate about it?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. I think they did before but the police didn't believe some of the people. They only tagged it as a myth or just false rumors,"

Mystery.

I clicked my tongue in disappointment. That's too lame.

There's only one way to find out. I need to go to that house again regardless of the year I'm in.

"Chaeng, I'm going back to that house again," I told her.

"Let's go together but first you need to learn the life of Lisa in here or else they'll find you weird," She said. Funny when I don't even care what other people might think because this is not my life but Chaeng's got a point.