13 - Got me crazy

Intramurals week

[LISA]

It's the week that some of the students are waiting for. Yep, "some", because not all students love intramurals.

Last night, I had a nightmare. I was in that abandoned house again but in my dream, Jennie was there. She was wearing an all-black dress while hugging a picture frame close to her chest. She looked gloomy and sad, her eyes looked like it went from crying hardly, and it somehow broke my heart to see her like that.

I approached her direction to pamper her or give her a hug but I just went past her. We did not even collide, it's like I was just a spectator in that dream. I mentioned her name several times and kept on waving my hands at her to get her attention, but I failed. She still cannot see me nor hear me.

I felt weird inside in my dream last night and it was weirder when I woke up from my sleep because some tears were falling from my eyes unnoticed.

I heave a sigh to eradicate my thoughts and focus on the things that matter in this world.

I pulled my phone from my pocket and scrolled into my contacts to call Chaeng, for second of ringing, she picked up.

"Where are you?"

"Here at the coliseum, I was asked to supervise the King and Queen of the 23rd Intramurals, it is the last day of rehearsal." She spoke and the background noise sounds busy with all the chitchats and music.

I remembered. There are four pairs for the King and Queen of the 23rd Intramurals and it will be held tomorrow, where everyone are asked to watch the said competition.

"Okay. Can I help you with anything?"

"Hmm... Nah... It is something I can handle..." She said and I nodded.

"Okay. I gotta g-," Chaeng cut my sentence off.

"Do you want to come here? Your weird admirer is here! She is one of the contestants!" I got several admirers and I don't know who she's talking about, but she sounds excited and hyped about it.

"I thought you knew already,"

"I don't!" My voice squeaked. A seconds of silence ran in our phone call and she came back to being hyped again. "OH MY GODDESS and not GOODNESS. Guess who's competing!?" Her voice made me become inquisitive of what's happening around the coliseum. This better be worth it.

"What's going on, Chaeng?"

"It's Jennie Kim! She got nominated! OH MY-," I cut her off.

My heart leaped that I it makes me want to cringe and composed myself in a swift.

"I thought it's something to be excited about. Geez, I am going to head to the council's headquarters," I ended the call and lied about going to the headquarters. Instead, I pave my way to the dormitory. Mine and Jennie's dormitory.

While my roommate and the others are busy about something, I took this opportunity to check her belongings. Same old, same old. Nothing has changed.

I am scared of the fact that the longer I am trapped in here, the higher the possibility that I'll lose the memories of my real life.

Who is Jennie Kim? Where am I really? Is this world even real?

Who's going to save me and Chaeng? Not to mention the others as well. Who will save us?

If no one, then we are doomed. Is Jennie a living curse?

-

[Jennie's POV]