Chapter 2: The Other Knights

"Good luck, Wren!"
"Stay safe...." Wren wanted to say that, but Xavier had already left.

Aasimar led Wren through the castle, to the knights training grounds. Wren tried to gulp down the lump in her throat, but it seemed impossible. She wasn't a fully trained knight, how could she possibly be of any good to her kingdom? The corridors got darker and darker the further they went down, making Wren more worried.

"Knights, this is Wren. 5 minutes ago, she was my apprentice, but because of the Troblins that are soon to attack, she will be joining you. She is not as well trained as all of you, so please be sure to show Wren the ropes." He turned to her. "Wren, you'll be assigned with Knight Atreyu, Knight Merle, and Knight Ben." Wren walked over to the people her master pointed to.

"So, what are we doing now?"

"Sparring. I'm Atreyu, I'm our teams instructor. Let's see......Ben with Wren and I'll go with Merle." Wren grabbed her sword and went with Ben. Since this was the first time she was sparring with him, she couldn't take Aasimar's advice. Ben landed a blow to Wren's sword but  she stood strong. He wanted to knock it down to reach her chest plate, but Wren pushed too. He noticed she was resisting and  let go and attempted to duck under and hit her leg, and Wren felt the sharp blade touch her leg.

"Haha! It only took 2 moves to beat you!" He laughed. "I don't understand how your master even let you become a knight! You're a very crappy one, at most." Wren clenched her fists.

"Awww look who's angry! What are you gonna do? Fight me? Oh, that's right, you can't!" Wren heard Atreyu and Merle laughing and she looked at Atreyu, and he knew he broke character. He was supposed to be some instructor, but here he was, laughing with his friend!

"Ahem.....Ben! I better not hear something like that again! You know what Aasimar said!"

"Even though it's true....." Merle muttered and they started giggling once again.

"They're acting like I wanted this! They were right, but seriously, what did I do to deserve this?" Wren thought. During dinner, Wren wanted to ask about the Troblins.

"What exactly are Troblins? I always thought they're a myth, and now they're real?"

"Seriously? Did you pay attention in your history course? Troblins don't have a huge history with us humans, but there have been a few wars. They live near the lost hills of the Jule, which is far from our kingdom, so that's why we don't see them often. Their kingdom is called Gurr. Gosh, no wonder Aasimar said that you were not as well trained as the rest of us." Merle scoffed. Wren was happy for the information, but her master hadn't taught her it. To be honest, her apprenticeship was cut short, so no wonder she wasn't as good as the rest of them. Wren went to bed. She couldn't sleep, thinking about how the Troblins could attack at any time. She took her master's advice, and practiced different moves and their opposites, especially the duck under move Ben used to defeat her that day. Hopefully more training would help her.