Chapter 12: Ancho

As she was sinking, she felt a tail wrap around her and she flew through the air and landed on some scales. "Another dragon?! How many can there be?!" Wren thought. At least she wasn't dead. It was quiet, except for the heavy breathing of the royal blue dragon she was on. 

"Who are you?" Said Wren, a bit afraid to ask. 

"Ancho. I'm a sea dragon, unlike my brothers and sisters. I love being alone, without the bickering in my ear. I've heard a lot about you from Elaiji." 

"Elaiji?" A small multicolored dragon peeked out from the clear water.

"He inherited my gift. He's the youngest out of all of us, so I spend most of my time with him." At least Ancho and Elaiji weren't as crazy as the rest. 

"I assume you've had some trouble with my brothers, they always quarrel. But just telling you, I think Safron or Ajowan are probably the worst of all." 

"Please, why can't you just learn to be kind to one another?!" Wren shouted. 

"Wren, you haven't gone through what we've gone through. When you live with someone like Safron for eternity, you'll start to hate him too." Fair point. 

"Why can't you help the world? Surely you've heard about the war, you could do so much good! Yet you're spending all day quarreling and doing nothing." 

"That's a bold assumption, Wren. And seeing as the humans thought we were dangerous and chased us out, I don't think they'd want us to return." 

"Please! Uruk needs you!" 

"No, Uruk needs you. You're the queen, after all."

"But I'm just a teenage girl! I can't do anything!" 

"Well, you got here by yourself." 

"Fair point, but the humans need you. Who knows, our race can be eliminated because of this war." 

"And you're one of the only human in history to be able to be here. The only human that has ever lived with a pure heart. Do you have any idea how cruel humans are? I thought you spent your whole life around them." Wren heard the laughter of the knights, their taunting and teasing. Their dead bodies still lingered in her mind. Her eyes started to well up. "Not here, not now! We can't go crying in front of an all mighty dragon. Especially such a wise and powerful one." 

"I see.....the humans haven't been kind to you either. We don't get involved in human affairs. After all, we aren't humans, we have no business getting involved. There is no way I could leave here anyway. I assume Ludo sent you here?" 

"Yes, how did you know?" 

"That guy just bows down to Ajowan. He's like a minion. A bit annoying. I would be willing to go with you if I didn't have to see him anymore." Ancho chuckled. 

"Whatever. Since you're no help, I'm gonna go find your siblings." 

"Oh, you don't wanna do that!" She heard Ancho laughing as she walked away. Sure, he was nice, but Wren needed help.