Chapter 7: The Frolicking Buddies

At first, Wren was a bit frightened of the threatening baby golems  in the grassy fields. But soon, the fear started to disappear as she noticed they didn't pay attention to her as she walked by. They were playing together, but the smallest one was sitting alone, and Wren felt bad for them. She went over to the golem. They looked like small rocks with black eyes.

"What's wrong, little guy?" She said in a sympathetic voice. 

"Ah!" The golem screamed, and ran behind a tree. Luckily, no one noticed. A monarch butterfly landed on Wren's nose. It's wings glittered in the sunlight as the butterfly flapped it's orange and black wings. Suddenly, the golem looked from out the tree. His yellow eyes glistened. He didn't look scared anymore, and ran up to Wren. 

"Hi, what's your name?" She asked him. 

"I'm Cardithas." 

"Why are you playing alone?" 

"The other golems don't want to play with me, they say I look like a troblin  because I have yellow eyes. And I don't wanna look like a troblin!" He whined and started crying. Wren felt bad for Cardithas. 

"Then let's play together!" They played in the field with the butterfly, who seemed to not want to leave Wren's side. They payed down and made grass angels. The butterfly landed on Cardithas's nose and he sneezed. 

"Achoo!" The butterfly flew off and they burst out laughing. 

"What is this place?" Wren asked out of curiosity.

"The fields of Gallosh. These are Golem's habitats. Most of us are as small as the others, but some of us are really big. Like my mom. If she saw I was hanging out with you, she would crush you!" Cardithas looked worried for Wren. She gulped. Hopefully, that wouldn't be a problem. 

The time came when Wren had to continue her journey. She was about to pack up and say goodbye as the sun set, when she heard a rumble and the ground started shaking.