Chapter 3: Battle Plans

Everyday the knights trained and practiced, and the advisors would come around to see what was going on. Queen Adelphia was confident the knights would protect the kingdom. And everyday Wren thought more and more about Xavier. Was he going to be okay?

"Every single second of every single day, you should be ready to strike. Just waiting to see if any Troblins come along. If they do, show no mercy!" Atreyu commanded. The past few days Wren's team had just been making fun of her. General Khufu went to the grassy training grounds one day.

"Ahem. Knights, I advise you to join us in the throne room to think of a battle plan." All of the teams filed in to the grand throne room. Lieutenant Colonel Gareth was also there.

"I think 30 teams on defensive position, in front of the castle, and 30 teams inside the castle." General Khufu advised.

"No, then let's do 15 teams on the frontlines, 15 teams near the castle, 15 teams inside the castle, and 15 teams on the top of the castle, blowing the cannons from above." Lieutenant Colonel Gareth argued.

"Then, if they're blowing the cannons, it'll hit our knights! Your ideas are horrible! I'm the General, after all." Khufu scoffed.

"Enough!" The Queen took the crown off her head, and threw it on the ground with all her might. It shattered into a thousand pieces.

"Y-your majesty-"

"Monarchy is overrated. From now on, I am your equal. I must help you fight. We'll go with the Colonel's plan, not regarding the cannon part. I'll go with the team at the front lines."

"But, your majesty, that is the most dangerous place to be when the Troblins attack! A-and you don't have an heir, Uruk cannot go without a leader!" Khufu seemed very scared and nervous.

"Do not worry, Khufu. I have been trained as a warrior, I'm sure I can handle myself. But if anything does happen, I've heard that Wren is a great warrior and Aasimar has told me a lot about her. I'm sure she'll be fit to rule." Adelphia threw her ermine cape on the marble floors of the castle. Wren looked stunned. She couldn't believe it- she could be the next Queen!

"I'm honored that you would choose my former apprentice, Queen Adelphia." Aasimar said.

"Don't call me Queen anymore. I am your 5 star General, and Khufu is now your Major. Now then, we've got a war to fight!"

And so the teams were split up. Wren, Ben, Merle, and Atreyu were assigned the safest place, the sides of the castle. No doubt to protect the heir.

"How come that idiot is the heir? She doesn't know how to do anything!" Merle told Atreyu.

"Again, it's not like I wanted for this to happen! Why me??!" Wren thought. They stood there for hours- Chef Quentin bring their meals out, which was very dangerous, but they had to get food somewhere! No doubt the Troblins would plan an ambush. The reason for this war? Maybe more land. Nobody really knew, they're Troblins! But one thing was for sure......when they would strike, it would be a hell of a battle. Little did everyone know....a shard deep in the heart of Gurr was waiting. Yearning to be free and the Troblins kept the mine. Their secret weapon.