Chapter 8: Golems

"What if this is Cardithas's mom? What he was talking about. I hope not......" Wren thought. 

The footsteps of the giant creature were heard as clear as day, pounding into the ground. The large rock-like golem appeared, blocking the moon. 

"HOW DARE YOU HARM MY SON!!" She roared. Wren got into a fighting stance. The giant golem smashed her fist on the ground, and Wren quickly dodged it and jumped onto the fist. She ran up to hand to the ear. 

"Please, miss, your son was playing alone and I felt bad so I played with him! Ask him yourself!" Wren pleaded. 

"I DON'T BELIEVE YOU!!" The mom kept roaring. Wren jumped onto her head and saw giant rock hands coming towards her. She quickly jumped on one of them and swung her sword. A rock hand fell to the ground and crumbled. 

"I'm so sorry miss-" The golem roared louder and the hand regrew quicker than Wren could blink. I mean, at least her hand wasn't gone forever. Cardithas burst out crying. 

"Mommy! Don't hurt her!" Wren felt her stone hand pick her up and plop her down. 

"Mommy, she was so nice to me and played with me. I had a lot of fun." His mom looked sympathetic for Wren.

"I'm sorry, I just don't want my little boy to get hurt. Good luck on your journey, and have this." She handed Wren a four leaf clover. 

"Thank you." She stuffed the clover in her bag and headed off into the sunset.