Chapter 11: The 12 Ryu Dragons

They approached closer and there it was: The Twelve Ryu Dragons. 

"These are my brothers, Wren." She looked startled. How did Ajowan know her name? 

"No need for introductions, Ajowan, I know I'm better at them anyway. I'm Safron, the eldest and the best." A yellow dragon said. 

"Oh, shut it, Safron! I got the gift of intelligence! All you got was magic." As soon as Ajowan said that, a yellow orb came right at him. He dodged it before it hit him. 

"Guys! Why are you fighting? It's always this stupid rivalry, get a grip. You're not mad at each other anymore." The pink dragon's eyes glowed purple, and suddenly, the angry expressions on Ajowan's and Safron's faces faded away. 

"I'm Cassia." She said. "We all have powers, and mine is being able to control creatures emotions." Cassia's beauty was mesmerizing. 

"O-okay." Wren was scared and bewildered. She looked around and noticed little clay sculptures all over this area of the forest. 

"What are those?" 

"Ugh. Adobo. He has clay and water abilities and just makes those sculptures all day long. I'm Caram. I inherited everyone's gift." He put all his abilities on display. "Nah, I'm just kidding. It's just power mimicry." 

"Okay, brothers and sisters, you've done enough. I'll just go from here. Long ago, we dragons ruled the world in centuries of peace and prosperity. But then, the humans started attacking us. So we fled here, where no filthy human could ever reach us. But somehow you did." Ajowan explained.

"Yeah, why are you here?" Two turquoise dragons said in unison, staring at Wren with wide eyes. This information was really fast and hard to take in for her. 

"Thymol, Thyme, put my sculptures down! Your powers are too rough for them!" Wren looked at a brown dragon who she thought to be Adobo. She saw the turquoise dragons holding up a clay sculpture with their minds. That must have been their power. 

"That's it. I can't be stuck with a bunch of crazy dragons. I'm outta here!" Wren thought, and she started running for the lake. She stumbled on what looked to be a tiger lily in the middle of nowhere, and she fell into the deep water. Wren had never learned to swim. As she was sinking lower and lower, she began to regret her decision.