Chapter 18: The Troblins Attack

Wren gulped, but reminded herself she wasn't as helpless as before. The Troblins were all at least 3 feet shorter than her, so when they charged, she easily beheaded each one that came her way. Soon, her shining armor was stained with scarlet red blood. Troblin blood. It felt....good. The sword in her hands made her feel more powerful. Sure, it was blessed with Ajowan and Safron, but the magic was real. It was easier than expected, and soon enough, the swarm was gone. Expect for one. He jumped on Wren, tackling her to the ground. She was struggling. He stole her sword and held it up to her neck.

"By the prophecy of the almighty one, you are the one we need. We must take your blood and take it to him, and he will drink it on the night of Valhalre, which he will become the most powerful, and Uruk will be gone forever! All hail Omnipotens-" Cassia opened her mouth and fiery rays erupted, burning the Troblin alive. The citizens stared in shock. Almost on cue, Cassia's eyes glowed a purple shade and they all became calm.

"Aren't you one of the 12 Ryu Dragons?" One asked.

"Well, it seems after being gone for 2 thousand years people still remember us." Cassia replied as more Troblins were headed their way. The only thing on Wren's mind was this so called Omnipotens who wanted to drink her blood. Valhalre was a Troblin holiday exactly a week  away. At least she had time. But definitely not a lot of it. What powers could her blood possess that the king of the Troblins would want it so bad?  The thought lingered through her mind and she couldn't  help but ask. A lingering feeling in Wren's gut also told her not to, so she kept quiet.

After they had defeated the remaining Troblins, it was time to head to the capital. Wren winced at the thought. No doubt it wouldn't look good there. She would probably stumble on their bodies again.... "No, I won't." Wren thought to herself trying to get those horrible thoughts out of her head as chills ran down her spine. Her arms pricked up with goosebumps and the hair on her arms stood on end. "Take a deep breath, Wren. You're okay." She thought to herself, being silently glad Tulsi wasn't here to hear her silent mental breakdown. Wren stood up tall, and walked over to her mom.

"It was nice seeing you, Mom, I really missed you all of these years, but it's time to go to the capital with Zaatar and Cassia. I can't believe you knew them too. And Xavier, I'll miss you dearly, and hopefully I can see you when this madness is over." Wren hugged her and Xavier, but there was a weird look on his face.

"No. I'm coming with you." He started walking towards Cassia, and Wren ran behind him.

"Wait, Xavier! It's not safe! I can't lose you too, just like I lost Aasimar!" The words left her mouth and left Wren winded. Her mom froze.

"Aasimar's gone?" Anna dropped to her knees, but quickly wiped away her tears. She wouldn't be seen in front of everyone like this.

"If he's gone, you have to let me come." Xavier pleaded.

"I agree with Xavier. He can help you. I don't want to go and find you dead! Don't act like you know better than everyone. Let. Him. Help."

"Okay, but please be safe." Anna had a very stern look on her face. Wren gasped. She helped Xavier get on Zaatar and she got on with him, to help him.

"That's one thing Anna's known for. A stern temper. She hates being bossed around. In your, what, 15 years of life you haven't known that about her?" Zaatar told Wren.

"Well, actually, I left home to go to the capital with Aasimar when I was 10. My mom and Xavier would only visit me once a year there."

"Oh." Zaatar sighed, and they rode in silence for a while.

The shining towers of the castle shone bright in the gleaming sun, making the castle look as beautiful as it could be. Wren shuddered at looking at the bottom of the silver castle, the bloody bodies stacked there, spraying blood at the bottom of the castle every once in a while. She closed her eyes and started calmly breathing, trying not to think about them.

"All right. Time to save the world."