Chapter 9: The Lost Hills Of The Jule

Finally, Wren made it to the beautiful purple grass hills of the Jule. She took one step into the purple and blue forest and heard a whoosh sound. She looked behind her, and the fields of Gallosh were no longer seen, only the stretching forest. She gulped. What was going on? She held her sword and concentrated. Wren heard birds chittering and leaves twirling. It was beautiful. It felt like peace. She heard the scattering of something. Her eyes opened up and she looked around. Purple dragon like creatures were running around the forest. "Is this what I was supposed to find?" Wren thought. They were, she presumed, the Jule. Tiny dragon like creatures with ears to their head and wide eyes. They had flowers all over their bodies, impossible to remove. You could tell how happy or sad one was by the size of them or how many there were. They were the cutest things Wren had ever seen. Maybe this had been it. She would start a new town here. But with just one person, how was this possible? Wren knew she was lost. Where would she go? But suddenly, the tiny Jule started running off, and Wren decided to follow them. She bolted, and they started running faster and faster. And then they vanished. Wren stopped to catch a breather, and looked around her. Everything looked about the same. And now she was even more lost than before. Through the trees she could barely make out the glistening moon in the sky, looking like a block of cheese. Boy, how hungry and tired she was. Wren took some food out of her bag and then fell asleep.

—— +——

Wren felt paws on her face. She awoke with a start. The Jule jumped off and looked at her with a smile.

"Awww, aren't you cute." The Jule tugged on her shirt with her mouth, as if to motion her to somewhere. There was a vial on the forest floor. Wren picked it up and drank it.

"Well, now we're getting somewhere. I'm Ludo." The Jule said.

"Huh? You can speak?"

"No, the vial you just drank allows me to speak to you. Get it now?" Ludo said in an annoyed voice.

"Okay, jeez I get it! What do you want from me?"

"There's someone who wants to see you. You see, no human has ever been able to enter this forest. You are the only worthy one with a pure heart." Ludo had purple, blue, and yellow flowers all over his body, roughly 10 of them.

"That's hard to believe."

"Okay, young lady, believe it or not, but I need to lead you to him."

"Fine, Mr. Bossy." Wren didn't mean that. Or did she? She was glad to have someone to talk to that didn't attack her, at least. Thoughts flooded her mind. Like what if the war was already over, and every human was gone because of her being here? "I hope that's just my imagination....."

Ludo led her deeper into the forest, and Wren became worried that he wasn't leading her the right way. Who could this person be anyway?

"This is the place." Ludo said, as they stopped at a random place in the forest. Then, Wren saw a long brown and yellow tail with an upside down heart at the end peek out from behind a purple oak tree.