Chapter 27: New Normal

Wren marched towards the castle, thinking it was abandoned for a long time after her disappearance. She deeply regretted that, leaving her kingdom defenseless. But now they had more protection than ever. She felt someone tap her on the back. A tiny troblin was found in her shadow, which was looming over the stone gravel like a grim reaper.
"What do you want?" Wren said through clenched teeth, fighting the urge to withdraw her sword, encrusted with Ajowan and Saffrons magic.
"I am the messenger for King Omnipotens of the Troblins. I traveled all this way to give you this message: "Queen Wren of Uruk, I hope this finds you well. Thank you for showing us that we put our trust in the wrong human. I hope you'll forgive us for the panic and chaos we've raised. It's really not an excuse, but we thank you for stopping this madness."
"Oh. My deepest apologies. Tell the king I feel the same way, and to come down to organize a truce any minute. You are welcome in my castle." The Troblin turned and went on his way. Wren opened the castle gates and stepped inside and suddenly......
"Finally! Where were you?" A voice that Wren didn't recognize said. She located the voice and saw a crowd of Moon elves from the kingdom of Dfilli in the west.
"I beg your pardon? As a matter of fact I was fighting a war in the South with Gurr. But it's all settled. What is the reason for this unexpected visit?"
"My name is King Rein Amorphous, and this is Queen Luna Entangla. You humans may have heard of us in legends, but now we've come to visit you to discuss a very important matter. The power of our land is dying. Fueled by moonlight, it gives our land energy and ourselves. Without it, our plants cannot grow, and we are defenseless from the horrid creatures that live on the outskirts of our city."
"I see. Well, it's an honor you chose the kingdom of Uruk to help you sort this mess out. But....why not Resha, where the sun elves live?"
"Resha and Dfilli are sworn enemies. However we have never had any conflicts. I was hoping we could work together." Rein replied.
"Right. Of course. My deepest apologies. So what seems to be the problem? Why is the moon losing energy all of a sudden?"
"We......have no idea."
"So how am I supposed to know?!"
"I-I don't know, it's just been so awful lately, we have no idea what to do, we were hoping you'd help us." Luna said. She had a soft voice, like a baby. But you could hear the pain in such a voice. It must have felt awful not being able to do anything. The elves had horns and white hair, and the signature pointy elf ears. Blue markings could be seen in all different patterns on their face, and their eyes went from purple to blue. They looked magical. Queen Luna had pale skin that glistened under both the sun and moonlight.
"I have to help you. Seeing your kingdom in so much pain and suffering breaks my heart. I would never want something like that to happen to my kingdom."
"Oh, thank you, fair and kind Queen Wren." Rein said, and the King and Queen and their small army bowed.
"You don't need to bow, you're my guests. Though I am kind of confused how you managed to get into the castle....."
"We have our ways. And by that I mean a little bit of magic." Luna twitched her palm and a blue orb appeared.
"Well, I'm sure I'll have room in the castle for you. You can stay for the meanwhile."
"But someone has to look after our kingdom...."
"I'll do it, honey." Rein offered. "You stay here and help save our kingdom." Half of the guards followed him out the door.
"I'm sorry, Queen Luna, but I'll need some time to think of a plan."
"Oh, of course. I understand."