Chapter 28: Support

"Okay, last I remember, a kingdom needs to have people like generals, judges, advisors, things like that. I don't have any of that! And on top of that, the elves of Dfilli are asking me to help them. Plus, all the knights are...." Wren couldn't finish the sentence. She was explaining all this in a hurry to Xavier, sitting on her bed in the grand Queen's bedroom, which Wren still couldn't believe she slept in now. The decor made her think of Adelphia.
"Wren, it's okay. I'm so sorry."
"Whatever. Let's recruit more knights. Since you've always wanted to be a knight, I'll give you something better than that. You're my general."
"Really? That's....a lot of responsibility."
"But you'll do it, right?"
"Anything for you, Wren."
"Great. Then you can go to Wentali and recruit knights."
"I can go further than Wentali, you know."
"If you're really okay with going across Uruk, that'd be amazing. It still leaves a few other roles up for debate."
"I heard Khufu survived."
Suddenly there was a knock on the door.
"Hello, your majesty." Khufu bowed down. He was Adelphia's general. Khufu looked scared and had blood all over his face.
"Khufu! What happened to you?" Wren asked worriedly.
"When the Troblins came I hid. I escaped with my life, and when they left, I waited here for someone to return. Please, Queen Wren. I don't want to be a General. I don't like fighting."
"It's okay, Khufu. Would it work if you were an advisor instead?"
"O-of course, thank you, your majesty." Khufu walked out.