Chapter 19: Movie Night (Day?)

Saturday rolled around. I had texted Josh back to say that something had come up and I couldn't come. So now Charlotte and I were curled up on my couch, terrified as we watched horror movies.

"Give me the popcorn," I whispered, my eyes locked onto the screen despite the horrors it displayed.

"Wait, what was that?" Charlotte whispered, turning around.

"Oh no, oh freaking no," I said, staring at the television.

We both screamed when the killer appeared, and Charlotte jumped, dropping the bowl and sending popcorn flying everywhere.

Someone pounded on the door.

Charlotte and I shrieked at the top of our lungs, cowering on the couch with cushions held over our heads.

The door creaked open and we awaited our doom, shaking in fear as footsteps neared the darkened room.

"This is it," I whispered to Charlotte. "This is how we die."

"It was good knowing you," she replied, her voice shaking.

"Jennifer?" A voice called.

"It knows my name," I squeaked.

I guess it heard me. The footsteps got closer.

"What the hell is going on in here?" Another voice muttered, and a light turns on.

Needless to say, we screamed.

"What's wrong with you people?" The voice asked again.

I hesitantly looked over the top of the couch, knowing that if this were a horror movie, that would be my fatal mistake.

"Fletcher? What are you doing here?" I shrieked. Charlotte sat up and her mouth dropped open.

"What the actual hell?" She screamed, and started throwing the couch cushions at him. Blaze stepped out, and I began firing my own pillows at him.

"How dare you scare us like that!" I screamed again, jumping over the back of the couch. I started whacking the guys with my pillow, and Charlotte did too.

"Why the fuck is he here?" She yelled, hitting Blaze.

"Um, I just came for the popcorn," he muttered.

That's it. I burst out laughing, dropping my pillow in defeat. They all stared at me like I'm crazy, and I tried to choke out an explanation.

"I just, they came for the popcorn, we were scared shitless, oh my god, you guys are such jerks," I gasped, falling backwards onto the couch.

"Well you can't have any," Charlotte said coldly. Then she pursed her lips and looked at our spilled snacks. "Nevermind, you can have it, as long as you don't mind eating off the floor."

Fletcher grins and shrugs. "Five second rule," he said, popping a piece in her mouth.

"EEW!" Charlotte shrieked, spitting it in his face. "JERK! Asshole! That was MORE THAN FIVE SECONDS! Get out!"

"We can stay, right, Fer?" Fletcher asked, pouting.

I was laughing again. I shrugged. "It's not like I'll be able to kick you out."

"Are you calling me fat?" Fletcher gasped, putting a hand on his heart.

I snorted. "Not everything's about you."

"Can we at least watch a different movie? I don't want to have to listen to Blaze screaming like a ninny the whole time," Charlotte whined. I had forgotten about the other movie, which had been playing in the background while we argued.