Chapter 20: Blaze and Charlotte

Two weeks later, Charlotte came to me at lunch, shaking but smiling, and she just looked really confused.

"Jen, I need to talk to you, right now, really bad, alone," she rushed, pulling on my arm.

"Sure," I said, standing. We walked out to the hallway, Charlotte's hand keeping my arm in a death grip, her own arm shaking. "Charlotte, are you okay?" I asked after a moment.

She stopped, leaning against a wall. "Yeah, I guess, hey, can you just listen to what I have to say and not comment until I tell you to?"

I raised my eyebrows. Must be bad. "Okay, Char, if you want me to." She nodded and took a deep breath before beginning.

"Okay, so Blaze kissed me and it was like fireworks and I didn't even know I felt that way, really, and I'm scared of feeling like that, you know why, and I just don't know what to do because I don't want to be hurt again and I just need some help here," she rushed, and I struggled to understand her quick words.

"Can I talk now?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yeah, that would be where the 'help me' part comes in," she laughed shakily.

"First of all, did you kiss him back?" I asked, putting my hands on my hips.

She nodded, frowning. "At first, no. But then I just couldn't help it and I did. Was that bad?"

"Bad is the least of your concerns. Okay, but I thought you guys hated each other?" I pointed out, still in shock.

She sighed. "Well, you know I just moved at the beginning of the school year, into his neighborhood apparently, and yeah, we were always at each other's throats, I guess, but sometimes he would just bug me for the heck of it and I don't know, I guess it started to be okay with me, and so it's not that serious anymore, just something we do for... fun? Like comeback wars?"

"I get what you mean," I shrugged. "Really, though, that was sudden."

"I know," she whispered.

I broke out in a grin. "Well, do you like him?"

She nodded slightly. "Yeah, I think so, but I just- I can't open up to him that quickly after... last time."

"You go let him know," I told her, pushing her away from the wall. "Tell him something, anything, but don't let him think you don't like him."

She nodded, walking away. "Thanks, Jen," she called back over her shoulder.

Blaze had rubbed off on her with the name thing. Oh well, maybe it was time for a change anyways.

I walked back to our table, only to meet a load of questions I had no answer for, including where I had hidden Charlotte's body.

Good to know I have such trusting friends.

Fletcher was waiting for me in drama. Callie had been sick that day.

"So, Blaze and Charlotte, huh?" He asked, raising his eyebrows. I smiled.

"Apparently."

Fletcher shifted on his feet. "Are they gonna be all gross and couple-y when we hang out?"

I laughed, grimacing. "I sure hope not."

~~~~~

Time passed, a couple weeks. Thee was no evidence of a relationship between Charlotte and Blaze, and she hadn't told me anything, so I was a little worried. Fletcher went on being his cocky self and bothering everyone, and our detention tally kept going up.

"Hey, Fletcher, do you want to skip detention today?" I asked before drama, as we walked through the hall. "We could go do something else."

Fletcher looked at me sheepishly. "I don't actually have anything to skip," he admitted, wincing.

I faked a gasp. "What?"

"I might have a little problem with detentions from now on."

~~~~~

A/N: Ok, so luv2sing247_cake made me the amazing cover at the top, so make sure to go check her stories out because she is absolutely amazing!