Chapter 30: Flours

The detention Mz. Archer gave us that day turned out to have to be my last detention of my high school career, because I was applying for college and I didn't need more detentions on my record.

So the detention club was short lived.

The weeks passed by and Blaze, Fletcher, and I were close again, though Fletcher was still a bit distant. Blaze and I had grown so close that it surprised me. If you had told me four years ago that we'd be like this, well, I wouldn't have even believed that Blaze and I would have even talked, back then.

Obviously times had changed, and now it was promposal season in my high school.

Every morning, I had to dodge the huge signs, the flowers, and the creative ideas, but it was all super cute and I loved it and I hoped someone would ask me soon.

Two days later, I stumbled into school, tired from accidentally sleeping in. I went straight to my locker, having to turn the combination lock four times before finally getting it to open.

I swung my locker door open and what met my eyes left my mouth hanging open in shock.

My locker was filled with about eight bags of all purpose flour.

I rubbed my eyes in disbelief before I spotted a note stuck to my open locker door with a magnet.

I pulled it off and quickly read it.

I bought you flours, so will you go to prom with me?

My eyes drifted down to the name written at the bottom.

-Blaze

I stood in shock and the note dropped out of my hand. And then my eyes came into focus and I saw the bags of flour all sitting there in my locker.

"Blaze!" I shrieked. Two seconds later, he ducked out from behind another locker door and appeared next to me, a smile dangling off his face.

"What am I supposed to do with all that?" I asked him, waving my hands towards the flours in my locker.

He grinned. "Make cookies. Maybe use some of it to draw out a big "YES" on the floor?"

I smiled and then my face fell. "Blaze, you know I can't do that. Charlotte -it would hurt her- we swore off of bad boys," I said in a sad whisper.

He only grinned wider, as if he had been expecting that answer. "Jennifer, I've told you from the start. I'm not a bad boy."

I realized then: sure, he drove a motorcycle, smoked occasionally, got a crapload of detentions, but that was just the stereotype clouding his image.

He actually was really nice, and not only to me.

The detentions were basically how he hung out with his friends.

He had never done anything anyone would expect from a bad boy.

He was sweet, and thoughtful, and always made me laugh, and I really, really liked him.

I didn't answer him as I pulled one of the bags of flour out of my locker, ripped it open, and did what he had suggested.

I poured flour on the hallway floor to spell out a huge "YES!!!"

Blaze watched me and his smile grew, and when I couldn't take it anymore I dropped the bag of flour and ran over and threw my arms around his neck.

"I really hope you can read, badboy-not-badboy," I whispered.

~~~~~

A/N: This is the last chapter, and then there will be an epilogue.

Thank you for all you support!

Comment, vote, keep being amazing :)