23'

"Quit overworking yourself, trust me it'll do you no good" Abubakar prodded huffing out a sigh.

Yarima only shot him a glance, returning to his paperwork. Abubakar is here for the usual lectures especially when it's almost the D day.

"I'm serious Yarima"

Hisham scoffed dropping his pen. "Why exactly are you here?"

Abubakar sends him a glare, settling down on the seater. "By now you should know regardless of how you push me or any of us away isn't going to change a thing. We have utmost concern towards you---you fail to see that by not letting us help you" you could sense the worry lased in his tune.

"I don't remember seeking for any of that" he blemishes in the calmest of ways.

He shakes his head at Hisham's ignorance. "I never mentioned you asked for it. It's what we do, what family does"

He rubbed his temples. "Please---"

"How are you treating your wife?"

Hisham's brows draw together wondering where that's coming from. "Wife?"

He nods. "Yeah"

"As far as I'm concerned, she's someone I share a house with"

"Gosh Yarima! You're a d*ick, I must say" he glared to which he shrugged leaning back to the office chair.

"She seems like someone who could be of great help, why won't you sort things out" Abubakar suggests.

He scorns to his remark. "I don't remember asking for help"

"You're forgetting she's your wife"

"And you're forgetting I only take her for a roomie"

Abubakar fails to get what goes on in Yarima's head, no one knows it with him. His riff is getting more complicated with every day that passes. He could remember his conversation with Sarauniya a few weeks after Grandma's death.

Hisham disappeared just after the announcement of her departure. She passed away in his hands at the hospital, the terror of watching her go didn't only affect but broke him.

He wasn't even present in her Jana'iza. A month later he returned in a whole different person. Cold, arrogant, ruthless, numb, whatnot, it almost felt like he was some Android with zero emotions.

He never spoke of her and forbid anyone from sending condolences.

"Yarima"

He flicked his stare at Abubakar.

"You need to grow up!" He shot annoyingly.

"Enlighten me" he snarled.

Abubakar got up vexed. "The sooner you realize this the better" He walked off.

What is it with them? He has done anything in his power to shoo them in fact everyone has an ounce of care of piety rather, but they always come rushing back.

He proceeded back to his work huffing an exhausting sigh.

{^•^}

The girls decided to escort Jannah for maternity shopping now that she's an upcoming mummy. All Hibba's idea though, per her words Jannah needs maternity dresses, items and so--so here they were selecting different sort of clothing in the VIP section of the mall.

They had the few people that were in there earlier existed. Yeah, the audacity! Perks of being rich.

"Here, try this on" Suhana hands Jannah a floral maternity dress.