47'

He halt his steps folding his hands to his chest as he observed the Duo. A slight smile tugged to his lips, a wave of content washing over him.

It's a sight to behold.

No doubt that Farha would play an important role in his child's laugh, reason why he went to her in the first place.

He glanced at his wristwatch just in time she woke up. Her eyes fell on Hisham causing her to bolt up, she turns her gaze to the wall clock.

"No, no, no" She panicked running straight for the door. She only has an hour to get ready and leave or so help her God.

It took her forty-five minutes to get ready only for the rain to come rushing down just as she made her way out to get a taxi.

Her lips suddenly quivered her eyes filled with tears, she has never been this frustrated. Now what?

She can't believe she's going to miss her paper after being this prepared for goodness sake.

He finds himself chuckling at her overreaction. She looked just like a four-year-old kid deprived of candy.

He shakes his head at her silliness erasing the distance between them.

She hurriedly wipes off her tears to save herself from the embarrassment, if only she slept early she wouldn't have been late.

Luck is no way on her side today.

"What do you want?" She groans looking away.

He smirks dipping his hands into his pockets. "Very well then, I was just willing to help but it seems you aren't of need" he turns on his shoe to leave.

"Wait" She stops, she's left with no choice, he's her only hope now.

They proceed to the car packed under the varender. Hisham discarded the chauffeur not rendering his service today.

Throughout the drive no words are exchanged, Farha kept glancing at her wristwatch here and there hoping for the paper to be delayed.

"Relax, you'll make it"

She sends him a glare, he ends up letting a laugh out taking her off guard.

Hisham, laughing? Nh! Exam tension is making her see things, coz def not. She fixed her stare at him in amazement.

Soon the laughter died down, back to his scowled face.

"You know, staring is rude"

"And who said I was starting?"

He chooses to ignore taking the next root to her school.

{^•^}

She was avoiding Raihaan and he also sensed that so he choose to give her the space she warrant. She's thankful Hisham saved her from his confession.

She doesn't want their friendship to end not this way, but then he has to understand that there in no place to taking their relationship to the next level, besides they can never happen.

If he had told her he loved her, she would have probably left him with a thank you which may end up hurting his feelings.

Raihaan deserves a good woman in his life and unfortunately, she can't be the one but she does hope he gets someone better.

The exam wasn't as bad as she expected, if anything, Alhamdullilah.

She got home after Asr. The first thing to come to her mind is Naeem, yeah! What happened yesterday is still fresh in her mind and she needed answers, she has to get them.

She'll get her way with Naeem and get him to tell her but she knows it's not going to be as easy coz it may be very traumatizing for him, she's going to take it easy on him, either way.

She didn't see Rosey in the kitchen, she was probably with Naeem.

Farha headed straight for her room to get a relaxing bubble bath for her stressed muscles.

She prayed afterward before hopping on her bed to Lala land.

{^•^}

"C'mon Naeem you have to eat something" Farha ushers for the umpteenth time but to no avail.

He shakes his head in disagreement. "I don't want that"

She sighs. "Then what do you want?"

"C-cookie" He stutters raising his hands in defense, almost as though he is expecting a smack.

Farha's brows narrow in displeasure, and she shares a knowing look with Rosey.

"Come here" She ushers.

"I'm sorry, I'll have what you offer" his lips trembling in fear.

"It's okay Naeem. Come, I'm not gonna hit you" She gets a hold of his hand seating him down on her lap.

He was reluctant for a sec before he relaxed.

"Rosey get him a glass of milk and some cookies please" She nods heading off.

"Look at me" She lifts his head by the chin. "Have no fear, I mean no harm. You can tell and ask me of anything, you don't have to be afraid okay?"

"Really?"

She nods. "Yes. Now tell me, does anyone hit you?"

He nods.

"Who is it?"

"Auntie"

"What else does she do to you?"

He fell to her chest the tears that accumulated in the brim of his eyes gushing out.

She runs her hands on his back different thoughts running on her mind. "It's okay, you're safe now, she's not coming anywhere near you okay?"

Auntie?

She felt relief knowing that Hisham isn't responsible for this, or it would have been bad of him. She knew deep down that somewhere around, Yarima has a heart, he's just lost.

"Does your Dad know about this?"

"Who is Dad?"

Okay wow! What sort of a question is that? How can a child not know of his father, there's a lot more to this.

"It's okay, let's give you a bath"

She lifts him and heads straight for the bathroom. All hell let loose when her eyes fell on the scars he had carved on his skin.

Her eyes got wet but she had to mask them away for Naeem's sake. How can people be this inhuman? To a kid for that matter.

She ran her hands around every scar a lone tear slipping unknowingly.

"Who did this to you?"

"S-sir. He said that if I let or tell anyone that he'd slit my throat" He spoke.

Hisham balled his fist in rage, turning on his shoe. Surely he'll make them pay, no one messes with him, and walk Scott free especially when it has to do with his family.

He'll make them pay...

Xoxo

*sighs* okay I don try for una, triple updates tag😭

I'm finally going out from my comfort zone tmrr so they maybe slight chances of update so bare with me, Shaa I'll try.

It depends on the motivation I gettttt!

So goodnight!

Faixatuu.