46'

Rosey sighed for the umpteenth time. Naeem is giving her a hard time, it's heart-touching to see him that way only God knows what he's going through. She's been trying to get him to eat but to no avail.

He ended up throwing the plates away causing the food to spill and the sound to frighten the kid. He ran back hiding behind the curtain.

"Please, no, it's alright you can come out, it's not your fault" Rosey reasons erasing the distance between them.

"Don't hit me, I'm sorry" He stutters in between tears.

"What? No, I'd never do that"

Why would he think that? Oh god! Things are a lot worst than she thought.

She manages to tug him to bed after what felt like forever. Heaving out an exhausting sigh, there's a lot to Naeem's condition and she's of no position to get herself in but she needed to speak with Farha at least.

There are lots of questions wandering around but she knows best, minding her business is one thing she's good at. Her job, her priority.

After cleaning up the mess Naeem made, she went straight to the study room to meet Farha.

She sat with a book held to her hand, legs stretched, head leaned to the chair, one look at her you'd see the tiredness held within.

Rosey was kind enough to bring her lunch coz she's pretty sure she had nothing good to feed on in the morning. Farha has been overstressing herself with jacking and is less attentive to her health.

"Well hello there"

She disposed of the book to the side stand stretching her muscles a yawn escaping her parted lips.

"Don't you think you should get some rest?" She drops the tray taking a seat.

"Thank you. Has anyone ever told you how much of a sweetheart you are?" She blurts flashing a cheeky grin.

She didn't hesitate to dive into her food, moaning in delight.

"I guess I didn't notice how hungry I was" She speaks digging in more.

"Yeah! Which reminds me, I noticed something"

"Huh?"

"It's Naeem"

"What about him?"

"It seems he may be a victim of child abuse"

She almost choked on her food, Rosey did the honor of passing her a glass of water.

"Why is it?"

She filled her in on what had taken place a while ago pointing out the all shades of child abuse. Could this be true? Who would do such to a poor kid?

Hisham? No, astagfirullah he'd never harm his kid, or could he? All this is making her a headache. She disposed of the spoon aside suddenly losing her appetite.

"I suggest you speak to Sir"

Farha shakes her head in disagreement. "No, he shouldn't know about this, I know what to do?"

"But don't you think—"

"Rosey, I'll handle this"

Her shoulders relax in defeat. "Fine. Just make sure that the kid is okay, he needs more attention and care, that would help a lot"

{^*^}

Her eyes flicker to the wall clock, it's already 2 AM yet no sign of sleep. She needed a good sleep coz she wouldn't want to be a walking dead zombie by tomorrow or worst, sleeping off during the exams.

She wandered around in search of her phone before it clicked to her that she left it in the study room.

Groaning in annoyance she heads out for the study room, upon passing by she is stopped by screams that are coming from Naeem's room, surprisingly.

As she battled with her conscience about whether or not to go have a look, the noise got extra loud urging her to rush over there.

She clicks open the room expecting to see maybe Hisham but no one was there, her gaze wandered around in search of Naeem before it landed in the corner a few feet away from the bed.

She steps closer, her eyes falling on him. H has his knees to his chest, sweat glazing down along with bloodshot eyes.

Her heart pang at the view.

She levels down to his height placing her hands on his back, he hurriedly looks up his yelps taking a break for a sec and scrutinizes Farha making sure she isn't an enemy before he fell into her embrace.

She was taken aback by his gesture but either way, retaliated rubbing her hands on his back. His cries turned into a muffled ones as he hugged tighter onto her.

"Shh. You're gonna be fine" She finds herself mumbling assurance.

After what felt like forever she heard light snores, he slept off. She picked up his fragile body heading for the bed.

She placed him on top of the bed, pulling the sheets over him. Farha stayed for a moment studying his sleeping figure.

Ya illah! What must have happened to this kid? Why all this?

Rosey's words came rushing back; more attention and care. Something she does think she could offer, but then with what she has seen, she's compelled to.

The truth is, she also requires that she won't say she could relate to what the kid is going through but it almost felt like it.

She got up to leave shutting off the side lamp.

"P-please don't leave me, she's going to come hurt me" He stutters flinging off the blanket.

She turns back on the light. "Hey, listen to me, no one's gonna hurt you okay" she assures settling down.

He wrapped his hands around her, snuggling in, slight shudders escaping. "I'm scared"

"There's nothing to be scared about kid, nothing is going to happen to you"

"Will you stay with me?"

She nods.

"Promise?"

"Promise"

She adjusts their laying position covering them up with the duvet, she reaches for the lamp, clicking it off.

Xoxo

Aswear I feel generous today😭😂 this one that I just Dey type!

Thanks to someone that called me for an update, I felt motivated enough so here is yh update girlll!

Naeem😭 ya illah

Faixatuu.