Welcome Home

We were taken to our respective living quarters in the palace. It was such a vast building we had no concerns about it housing our now very large family. Usually, we stayed in the wing Thor had built for us all those years ago, but it looked like things had changed now that Thor was stepping up as king. Angela had already vacated the royal chambers and so while the kids were all taken to their new homes in different parts of the palace (Marya, Sarah, and Zak were all just down the hall from us, while the others were in different wings of the building), we were taken there.

Back when Thor had lived here - before Angela had taken the throne, the Royal chambers had been vast and opulent. It appeared that Angela had made some changes. There were five adjoining rooms and each was large and decorated in golds, blacks, and reds. The first was a sitting area with large plush couches and a big coffee table. Around the room were bookshelves, some were empty and some were stacked with books and tabletop games.

The room had a wide arched entryway into what was essentially a dining room. A huge dark wood table filled the room and around it were enough chairs for all of us and a couple of the kids, though if we wanted a full family meal we would have to have it in the banquet hall. To one end of the living room, there was a door that led to a study that contained a large, ornately carved desk, and to the other the bedroom. A bathroom with an almost pool-sized bath could be entered from both the dining room and bedroom.

It was the bedroom that had blown me away. When Thor had lived here, he had just had a large bed. It was beautiful and bigger than a king, but not anything you wouldn't expect the king of Asgard to have. This was like nothing I'd ever seen before. It was on a platform at the end of the room, with a large rug with Celtic-style knotwork leading from the door to the platform. I say the bed was on a platform when the bed was the platform. The whole raised area was covered with a mattress that was dressed in blankets and pillows. There was a staircase that led up to it, and the full size of the thing could have fit twenty people easily.

"Holy shit..." I gasped as we entered the room. "This is the life."

"My sister has made some renovations I see," Thor chuckled. "Well, at least we do not have to worry about obtaining a bed to fit us all."

"We could marry a few more people if we wanted," Clint joked.

"Oh? You feel like you aren't getting your needs met, bird boy?" Tony teased.

"Bird man, thank you very much," Clint joked. "Wait... scratch that. Just Clint is fine."

Thor looked around as his servants brought in our things and began unpacking them. "I think we shall keep the twins in here when they are born. We can set up their cradles by the window there -" he pointed to a spot under a beautiful stained glass window in a Celtic knot pattern.

"The size of this bed we could probably co-sleep," Sam said from up on the bed platform. He kicked off his shoes and began jumping on the mattress like it was a trampoline.

"What will happen when they're older?" Wanda asked.

"Well my brother and I were raised by nannies," Thor said. "But I do not wish for that to be the case with our children. We can convert the study to a bedroom for them. Or I can have them add another room by either extending in the rooms beside these or breaking these rooms up a little."

"This is going to be a lot of getting used to," Steve said.

"Well, thankfully we have forever to do that," Clint joked.

"My lord," one of the handmaidens said, approaching Thor. "We need to begin preparing you all for the feast."

Thor gave a short nod. "Of course. Lead the way."