Solids

It was rare since coming to Asgard that all of us just had the day off together. Thor was always needed for something and on the few occasions where he allowed himself a day to recharge either Sam or Steve took his place on the throne. On top of that with the kids and classes and our hobbies, our days were usually spent in pairs or small groups rather than all ten of us together.

Today we had all decided to take the day together. We were going to try the twins on solids for the first time and everyone want to be there to see it. The babies however seemed to be in no rush to try lunch. They had fallen asleep on Bruce in the midmorning and hadn't stirred for hours.

The rest of us seemed to be taking our lead from them. Bruce was stretched out on the deepest couch with his head in my lap. The babies were stretched out on their tummies and the vulparev curled into their sides. I was curled up against Sam as I languidly played with Bruce's hair, and Wanda was curled up on Sam's other side with her head on his shoulder. Clint was sitting on a sofa chair braiding Natasha's hair as she sat cross-legged on the ground in front of him studying a book written in runes. Every once in a while she'd show it to Clint and he'd tell her what it said. Bucky and Steve were squeezed into the other sofa chair. Bucky had fallen asleep tucked into Steve's side as Steve read Return of the King. Tony was sitting with his legs over Thor's lap tapping away on the tablet as Thor watched over his shoulder.

It was the kind of contented laziness that they had never allowed themselves back when I met them, and yet they all seemed perfectly at home with it - though I wasn't sure how much longer Tony was going to last.

Our peace-and-quiet was interrupted by Edwin, Rory, and Lyra bursting in, followed by the guard who looked around apologetically. Bucky startled awake and Steve caught his arm as he swung it out wildly and nearly hit Steve in the face. "I'm sorry, your majesty," the guard said.

"It's fine," Thor said. "My family is always welcome."

He bowed and backed out of the room and Thor laughed and shook his head. "However, I would have thought you'd have learned to knock, son."

"Gross, dad," Eddie said. "We need to talk to you. And mom, and daj. In private."

"I'm gonna lose my snuggle bunnies?" Sam pouted.

"Oh my god, dad," Eddie said, smothering a laugh.

Bruce lifted his head to let me out and as soon as I was free he let it fall back down on Sam's thigh.

"What's going on?" Natasha asked, looking at Edwin suspiciously.

"None of your business," Edwin snarked.

"You're not too big to take over my knee, kid," Natasha warned.

"See that's weird," Eddie teased. "Because I'm pretty sure you've never spanked any of us."

"Well, not the kids," Clint said.

"Dad!" Eddie yelped, covering his ears. "What the fuck?"

"And that, son, is your punishment for snarking at your ma," Clint laughed.

Edwin groaned and rolled his eyes, grabbing Thor by the hand and dragging him into our bedroom as Rory, Lyra, Wanda, and I followed.

"Did you see the healers?" I asked.

"You're going to be here for six months!" Wanda squeaked.

"Wanda, you need to let the rest of us catch up," I giggled, taking her hand.

"I love how affectionate you all are," Lyra said. "My parents can barely even occupy the same room."

"Mine are happily married, but so English you'd never be able to tell," Rory added.