Right for You

A couple of days after Clint and my marathon sex session I still felt like I was recovering, so I hadn't called in any prizes. Things had just been lowkey. I'd had a day of attending council with Thor, and then a morning of lessons on Asgardian politics.

I didn't predict that there would be much notable happening at all that day, so Wanda and I took Zak and the twins out to the garden with the Vulparv. We spread out a blanket and put the babies on their tummy, watching as they'd flip themselves back over with a giggle while Zak ran around with the two little fox-like animals.

While we lay soaking up the sun with the kids, Pietro came out with a basket. He smiled when he saw us and as he made his way toward us, Zak came flying out of the shrubbery and slammed into his legs. "Uncle Piet!"

"Hey, Zakky," Pietro said, picking the little boy up and flipping him over. Zak squealed happily and wriggled in his uncle's arms. The vulparev dashed out from the undergrowth and began dancing around Pietro's feet. "Wow, look how popular I am."

"Come play," Zak said when Pietro put him back on the ground. Pietro let himself get dragged off at the whim of the three-year-old.

Wanda hummed happily and rolled onto her back. "He's good with the little ones."

"Well, he's always been empathetic," I said.

"That's true," Wanda said. "Which is funny because my brother was a real little -" she stopped and covered her mouth and I broke down into giggles.

"Your daj was gonna say a bad word about your uncle," I said to Thour, tickling her tummy. She started giggling with that infectious baby laugh and I completely melted.

"I can't get enough of it either," Wanda hummed.

After a little while, Pietro joined us, putting his basket on the grass beside the blanket and sitting down. "Greetings, mothers," he said, playfully.

"Good day to you, son," I replied. "What are you up to?"

"Auntie Loki decided it is very terrible that all my siblings have powers and I don't, so they're going to teach me magic," Pietro explained. "She sent me to pick ingredients for some potion."

"Did you get a say in this?" Wanda asked.

He shrugged. "I don't mind. Might be cool to open those portals," he said.

"And you've decided to keep her waiting?" I said, poking his side. "You must have a death wish."

Pietro chuckled and picked up Nova. "It's me, mom," he said. "I'm one of the favorites."

I laughed and sat up. "Won't be the favorite for long with that attitude."

He chuckled and bounced Riley in front of him. "You know it's really weird having a brother and sister that are younger than all my nieces and nephews."

"That won't be true forever," Wanda said. "There will be more nieces and nephews in time."

"And if it helps. They were accidents," I added.

Wanda gasped and covered Thour's ears. "Elly! You can't say that!"

Pietro almost fell back laughing. "Oh my god! I can't believe you just said that to me. I am so gonna tell them you said that when they're older."

"I wouldn't get too egotistical, kid," I teased. "You were an accident too."

"Elly!" Wanda squealed, this time jumping up and covering my mouth. "Pietro, we all love you very much and you were very much wanted."

Pietro was clutching his side in hysterics and had to put Thour back down. "Oh my god!" When he finally got himself under control he wiped his eyes with the back of his hand. "How come you never told me or Riley that before?"