Childhood Dreams

A few days after the orgy we were taking a day to all be together. Not sexual and it wasn't something we all officially agreed to do, it was almost as if the fact that half of us had sexually strayed we now wanted to emotionally bond.

It wasn't just us though. We had all the grandchildren with us, as well as Nova and Thour, Mar, and Sarah. The twins were being very active. They hadn't figured out crawling yet, but they had figured out that if they held onto someone's hand they could walk, so Mar and Sarah were trying to race them around the living room. Their giggling and excitement had set off the vulparev who were chasing them around and chittering excitedly which in turn made Zak, Piper, and Flynn join in the chase, squealing loudly as they tore around the room, bumping into everything including each other.

It was nice. Not relaxed per se - but good. The kind of family time we used to have before coming to Asgard when ruling and setting up the comms didn't keep pulling us away from each other every day. I hoped that now we were becoming more settled and that Thor was settled back into his role as king, it might mean we had more time to spend with each other as a family.

"And Nova's the winner!" Mar cheered, picking up the little boy and tossing him into the air. He squealed loudly and broke down into giggles when Mar caught him and spun around in a circle. It was such an infectious sound, not a single person wasn't at least also smiling.

There was a knock on the door and Rebecca let herself in. She was dressed in her Valkyrie armor and she looked a little flushed. "Oh," she said, stopping dead. "Are you all busy?"

Thor stood looking at Rebecca with concern. "Is everything okay, daughter?"

"Yeah, dad," she said. "I just wanted to show mom something?"

"Me?" I asked, standing. "What is it?"

"Good things," she said. "Can you come? If you're busy..."

I looked around at the others and Steve waved me off. "Go. It's fine. They're all fed and happy. If they need anything we can give them some porridge or yogurt."

"Okay," I said. "Where are we going?"

"To the stables. Put on pants," Rebecca said.

I nodded and went to the bedroom, changing from the light dress I had on to a pair of jeans and a tunic, and quickly tying back my hair. When I came back out Rebecca was holding Thour while Piper and Flynn swung off her free arm.

"Oh thank god, I'm saved," she teased, as she passed all the children off to Bucky. "Come on, mom. Hurry up."

"Where are we going?" I asked as I followed her into the hall.

"It's a surprise," she said. "I'm hoping we get a double surprise because I saw something scandalous on the way up, and I'm really hoping I can show you."

"What? What did you see?" I asked as I practically ran to keep up with her. She put her finger on her lips and cheekily raised her eyebrows at me.

I followed her down through the corridors winding our way outside, but not in the direction of the stables I usually rode in. When we reached one corner she slowed down to a tip-toe and waved to me to slow down. Each step she took was silent as she crept forward. Thanks to the threads, I knew that Tommy was around the corner, so we were about to scare the shit out of him, but I had no idea what he'd be doing that was so scandalous.

Rebecca crept up to the corner and peered around it. I could feel her excitement radiating off her and a sly smile crossed her lips.

"Busted!" she shouted, jumping out from around the corner suddenly.