An Outing

With the communications up and running properly, Tony had gotten to work to bring us some of the luxuries of Earth. Internet and TV. He was in the process of setting up a big screen TV in our quarters and the whole family had been so long without it, it had become this huge event. Everyone was there. Even Sif and the warriors three had come to see what kind of fuss would keep Thor from his duties.

As Tony, Sam, and Tommy messed around with the cables of the TV, the rest of us sat around talking and sharing snacks that Thor had organized in the spirit of home movie night. There were Asgardian candies and puffed grain that wasn't quite like popcorn, but close enough.

The little ones played on the floor. Zak was fascinated with the twins and was doing little dances to try and get them to smile and when they did he yelled excitedly to one of us to look. Flynn was playing with the Vulparev. Throwing a ball around for them and toddling around after them. Ziggy, Anna, and Piper had scraps of fabric that had been brought in as samples for Teddy and Billy's bonding clothing and were making toys with them. While the older twins used a fine needle and stitched carefully, Piper had a large bone needle and was making big crooked stitches in the pieces of felt she had.

It was only Loki and Marya that hadn't shown up yet, though we expected that Marya would be there eventually. She had been excited at the possibility of introducing her new friends to the music and shows she liked.

"How much longer, dad?" Pietro asked.

"God, hold your horses. You know how far this signal has to come?" Tony said.

"Besides," Steve added. "We have to wait for Marya."

Piper picked up her sewing and came over to me. "Gwandma, the fluff won't stay."

"Oh no," I said, picking her up and putting her in my lap. "I'm not great at this stuff. But let me see what I can do."

I began helping her get the stitches so that the stuffing wouldn't immediately fall out. Wanda watched on and tutted a couple of times and I looked up at her and scrunched my nose. "Did you want to do this?"

"Yes," Wanda said, holding her hands out. "Come here my darling. Let Dedeski Dej help you."

Piper climbed over Bucky to get to Wanda and the two began sewing together. A moment later Loki entered the room followed by Marya. Marya had her head down and her hands in her pockets and she came and flopped down on the couch between me and Bruce without saying anything.

"About time, Mar," Pietro teased.

"Sorry," Marya huffed.

Loki cleared his throat. "Before the festivities started, Marya would like to talk to you all. Without judgment or interruption."

"Is something wrong?" Steve asked as Tony, Sam, and Billy came and took a seat.

"No," Loki said. "Nothing's wrong."

"What is it, kiddo?" Clint asked.

Marya looked up and Loki shifted a little awkwardly. "I don't know how to start."

"Brave heart, Mar," Loki said and waved his hand. "I'm right here with you. Just babble through it."

"So... and... you know... I know you won't care... but still, this has been hard because I don't really know," she babbled, as she looked down at her hands. "Like I feel different."

Bruce rubbed her back with a large hand and looked down at her with concern, and I ran my fingers through her dark hair. "Marya?" I said, softly.

Loki came over and crouched in front of her. "Take a deep breath," he said. "Would you like to try again?"