Chapter-6 👀

Taehyung's pov

"I really need to start taking taxis," I grumbled under my breath as I rushed up the subway stairs and headed down the block toward the building. My interview was at eleven, and it was already eleven-oh-one. Perhaps changing my outfit eight times this morning hadn't helped my punctuality either.

Running to the elevator bank, I saw that one car was just about to close, so I stuck my foot in to stop it. It worked but almost took off my toes in the process. "Shit. Ouch." The doors bounced open, and I hobbled my way inside,and I wobbled, falling forward. An arm caught me and kept me from landing on my face.

"Goddamn it," I cursed under my breath, realizing my shoe was now completely off my foot and stuck in the elevator track.

"Nice to see you too, Taehyung."

My head whipped up as I realized for the first time exactly who was keeping me from falling.

"You've got to be kidding me. How many bad impressions can one person possibly make on another?"

After steadying me, Jungkook kneeled, He tapped my calf to signal me to lift my leg and then slipped the shoe back onto my foot.

"Definitely not a bad impression," he said"You have long legs."

"Thank you-for unjamming my shoe, I mean."

He stood, and his eyebrows rose. "So you're not thanking me for complimenting your long slim legs, then?"

I felt a blush creeping up and was relieved when he turned his attention to the button panel.

"What floor?"

"Umm...thirty-three?" Is his company on more than one floor?

"You're coming to Jeon Industries? Are you here to meet Sam?"

"Yes. And Lee Jae-sung."

"Jae?"

"Yes. He's who I'm interviewing with, right? The vice president of marketing?"

"Right. Yes. Jae-sung is the VP of marketing," he agreed, but I had the distinct feeling Jungkook hadn't known I was coming to interview today.

We rode the elevator up in uncomfortable silence. When the doors slid open, he held out his arm for me to exit first, and we walked to the glass double doors of Jeon Industries together.

The reception desk was empty.

"Why don't you have a seat, and I'll let them know you're here?" he said.

"Thank you."

A minute or two after he went inside, the receptionist returned to her desk. "Hi. Sorry, I had to make some copies. I hope you weren't waiting long."

"Not at all. Actually, I came in with Jungkook, and he was going to let Ryu Samantha and Lee Jae-sung know I was here."

"You must be Kim Taehyung. Sam asked me to bring you to the conference room when you got here." She waved me back. "Come on, I'll show you the way.

Once inside, I took out my Chapstick and lined my lips, As I finished, I heard Jungkook's voice from the other side of the glass.

"I don't think it's a good idea to hire Taehyung."

My heart sank. Obviously, he didn't see me.

I recognized Samantha's voice when she responded. "Why? We have a position open that he would be perfect for."

"He wouldn't be a good fit."

"That's crap."

"Don't give me a hard time, Sam. Just don't hire him."