Chapter-31.🥺

Taehyung's pov

The next day we traveled to the office together early, as had become our habit lately. Only this time, after picking up our coffee, we rode the elevator together up to Jeon Industries. I was acutely aware of his hand on my back as we exited. Even though it felt comfortable and natural to have him touching me, doing it in the office felt strange. This morning we'd discussed that we were going to avoid any public displays of affection until after I spoke to Jae-sung. So I was pretty sure Jungkook wasn't doing it intentionally.

I owed my boss a certain amount of respect and wanted to let him know what was going on before Jungkook and I completely came out of the closet, so to speak. The plan was that I would talk to Jae this morning, and then Jungkook and I would go out to lunch together alone. We could be touchy friendly, in a way more than a typical boss-employee relationship, but there would be no statement PDA. Or so I thought.

After I'd settled into my office, Su-bin found me in the break room making my cereal for breakfast.

"Morning, sexy," he flirted.

"Hi, Su-bin."

"When are you going to let me make you breakfast?"

I extended the bowl in his direction. "You want to stir my cereals?"

"At my place. The morning after. I make a mean eggs over easy."

"I think your pickup lines need some work."

Su-bin leaned his hip against the counter next to me. "Oh yeah? Tell me what you like. I'll work on my game."

"Well, for starters, we don't like you to assume we want to have sex with you. So opening with a line regarding the morning after is definitely a no-no."

"So what's a good opening line?"

"How about something real? Complimenting something you actually like about the person."

Su-bin's eyes dropped to my collarbone, and he grinned. "I can do that."

I rolled my eyes. "No. Not like that. A compliment of a non-sexual nature."

"That doesn't leave me with many body parts." He looked me up and down, then pushed off the counter and stood tall. "Oh you sometimes paint your nails and Your toes always match your outfit. I like that."

"Very good. Shows you're paying attention to details and doesn't make you sound like a pervert right off the bat."

"Got it. So I'll leave off that I really want to suck on them."

Of course, Jungkook walked in right at that moment. From the look on his face, I gathered he'd caught at least the last part of Su-bin's sentence. "I really want to suck on them."

"Su-bin..." Jungkook warned.

Su-bin raised his hands in surrender. "I know, I know...no fraternization."

Jung-kook grabbed two bottles of water from the refrigerator. "Actually, we're rewriting that policy."

"Really? Have I mentioned how much I love working here?" Su-bin mused.

Jungkook's eyes narrowed on Su-bin as he walked to me, he spoke to Su-bin while looking at me.

"If you love working here so much, perhaps you should spend more time working and less time harassing others who are taken."

"Taken? Who's taken?" Su-bin muttered.

Rather than answer his question, Jungkook leaned in and kissed me on the lips. With a cheeky grin, he added, "Twelve for lunch good, Bear?"