Chapter-16😉

Taehyung's pov

The office wasn't the same when Jungkook wasn't there. Sure, I was busy and had enough work to do for a month-work that I loved doing-but the anticipation of seeing him throughout the day was missing. He'd only been gone two days on his business trip, but I'd missed him since day one.

I was up to my eyeballs in drafting presentations on-when my phone buzzed late on Thursday. Seeing Jungkook's name made me smile.

Jungkook: Miss me?

I did, but he certainly didn't need any encouragement.

Taehyung: Did you go somewhere?

Jungkook: Cute.

Taehyung: I thought so.

Jungkook: I've been thinking about our little deal.

Taehyung: What deal? I don't recall agreeing to anything.

Jungkook: Exactly. Which is why we need a sit-down. To negotiate our terms.

The man made caterpillars turn into butterflies that fluttered around in my stomach. I leaned back in my seat and rotated so the back of my chair was facing my open office door. It was late, and there were only a few people still milling around the floor, but I sought privacy as I typed with a smile.

Taehyung : Terms? Are we discussing a business deal?

I slipped my right shoe off and dangled it from my toe as I watched the three little dots jump around.

Jungkook: Is spending time in my bed still off limits because I'm your boss?

Taehyung: It is.

Jungkook: Then I want time outside of the bedroom.

Taehyung: I see you at the office all the time.

Jungkook: I want more.

My heart did a pathetic pitter-patter. I want more, too.

Taehyung: More how?

Jungkook: I think this requires a face-to-face, sit-down conversation.

Taehyung: Like a date?

Jungkook: Don't think of it as a date. Think of it as a business meeting where we negotiate terms that lead to full performance of the contract in the future.

Taehyung: And that full performance would be...

I nearly fell over in my seat, hearing Jungkook's voice behind me. "You in my bed, of course."

I whipped my chair around. "I thought you were away until tomorrow."

"Came back early. Had some pressing business."

"How long have you been standing there?"

"Not long." He pointed to the window. "But I could see your reflection in the glass, and I liked watching your face as you texted."

"Voyeur."

"If I can't have, I'm not above watching. Is that an offer?"

His tie was loose, his suit jacket draped over one arm, and his shirtsleeves were rolled up, revealing muscular forearms. I definitely had a thing for forearms. When I finally pulled my gaze back up to his eyes, he looked pleased at my being flustered.