Chapter-29..🙂

Taehyung's pov

Su-bin was perched at the front desk flirting with the receptionist when I walked in on Monday morning. I'd slept at Jungkook's last night, and we'd come to the office early together. Well, not actually to the office. We'd gone as far as Starbucks walking side by side. Jungkook wasn't happy when I made him give me a minute's head start after we picked up our coffee, but I didn't want to stroll in together and raise suspicions. Finding Su-bin at the front desk, I was glad I'd forced the issue.

"You look especially smoking hot this morning." He fell in step with me, draping his arm around my shoulder. "When are you going to let me take you out to dinner?"

"Never."

Su-bin and I had become friends. His flirting was over the top but harmless and more of an ongoing joke than anything.

"Come on. Never is a long time."

"You probably shouldn't hold your breath."

He laughed. "Lunch, then?"

"I told you, Su-bin. I don't date people I work with." Was that even a lie? More like a technicality. I don't work with, Jungkook I work for him.

"Ah...read your email." He winked. "You are having lunch with me today."

"What are you talking about?"

"We're having a team meeting at noon. Jae is bringing in lunch. So you're having a hot lunch date with me whether you like it or not."

Arriving at my office with Subin still in tow, I flicked on the lights and walked to my desk. "If the entire team is there, it's not really a date, is it?"

"Maybe not. But I'm going to pretend it's a date. I bet you secretly will, too. I think underneath all that negative vibing you're throwing my way, you're really into me."

I was busy powering up my laptop, so the voice that came next surprised me.

"I believe we have a no fraternization policy." Jungkook's voice was terse. He stood in the doorway, a full head taller than Su-bin.

Because of the casual nature of the office, Su-bin probably assumed Jungkook was joking. But I saw the tick of Bossman's jaw. There was an element of something else there. Jealousy, maybe?

Whether or not Su-bin thought Jungkook was serious, he took the hint to disappear when the boss stepped into my office. But not before saying, "See you at our lunch date."

Jungkook raised an eyebrow once it was just the two of us. Instead of answering, I had a little fun. "I thought you were getting rid of that pesky fraternization policy, Mr. Jeon?"

"I'll get rid of it if you let me mark my territory here in the office."

"Mark your territory? Is that like bite marks or a hickey?"

He stalked closer to my desk. "I was thinking more along the lines of you screaming my name while I eat your ass out right there on that desk. But if you'd like a few bite marks, I'm happy to oblige."

Jungkook inched closer to me. I put a hand to his chest, stopping him.

"Keep it right there, Mr. Boss. It's only Monday. We're not starting off our week like we ended it on Friday."

Just at that moment, in my peripheral vision I caught Samantha walking by. Unfortunately, she'd seen us, before I saw her.

I pulled my hand away, but we were still standing close. Too close. Jungkook was in my personal space, and he didn't back up.

Her brows were slightly drawn as she read the unspoken clues. "Morning."

"Hey, Sam," Jungkkook said.