Chapter-26🥰

Taehyung's pov

My cheeks were flushed, my hair was a disheveled mess, and I looked exactly what I was. Fucked. I'd scurried into the bathroom so Jungkook could answer the door to his office. And the next moment I heard Samantha's voice. Great, the VP of human resources had just walked into Jungkook's office, and it probably still reeked of sex.

The serenity I'd felt not three minutes ago was long gone-replaced by its evil friend, paranoia.

Were we loud?

Was I loud?

Did the whole office hear?

What was I doing? I'd set ground rules and promptly broken them the first time Jungkook pushed a little. Had I learned nothing from my mistakes?

Feeling vulnerable, I tiptoed to the door and pressed my ear against it.

"What were you doing in here?" Samantha asked.

"I was on the phone."

Her voice sounded suspicious. "With whom?"

"A supplier. Not that it's any of your business. What do you need, Sam?"

Her voice became more distant, and I had to strain to hear "Detective Byun called me this morning. She said she's been trying to reach you."

"I've been busy."

"That's why I'm here asking the question. It's not like you to blow off anything related to Sehun. There was a time when they couldn't get you out of the police station, you were so involved."

"That was the same time when I blew off my work and spent most nights drunk. Not sure I want to go back to those days."

"I get that. I do. But I wanted to make sure nothing else was going on. You seem...different lately."

"Different? How?"

"I don't know. More jovial, I suppose."

"Jovial? What am I? A jolly old fat guy who rides around in a sleigh?"

"Something's going on with you. I can tell. Are you seeing someone new?"

The room went quiet for a minute, and I wondered how he was going to
respond.

"Not that it's any of your business, but yes, I am seeing someone."

"Someone you've gone out with more than once?"

"I'm not talking about this with you."

"When do I get to meet him or her?"

"When I'm ready."

"So that means you expect him or her to be around a while?"

Jungkook huffed. "Did you have any actual business you came here to discuss? Because I was in the middle of something important when you interrupted."

"Fine. But you love my interruptions, and you know it."

I heard footsteps move closer followed by the click of the doorknob, but then it went quiet again without the door closing. Samantha's voice was serious the next time she spoke, and for some reason.

"I'm glad you're moving on, Jungkook. I hope it works out and I get to meet the person." She paused for a second and then spoke softly. "Maybe it's time you take down the shrine, too."

I waited a few minutes before hesitantly cracking opening the door. Jungkook had opened his windows to the outside and was staring at the advertisement on the building across the street. He didn't turn to face me when he spoke. "Sorry about that."