Chapter- 41💝

Taehyung's pov

Nearly one year later

I wondered if he knew what today was.

Jungkook didn't see me immediately when he walked into the restaurant. I was seated in the corner of the bar, partially concealed by a couple sitting at a pub table. I stole the moment to appreciate the beauty of the man without him knowing I was looking. My man. I didn't think I'd ever get used to how incredibly handsome he was. Even after a year to the day, he still took my breath away and sparkled every moment.

I watched as his sharp eyes scanned the room. My boyfriend was the epitome of tall, smart and handsome. He was well aware of it, too. His cocky, self assured attitude only added to the list of things that made him attractive.

Factor in wealthy, brilliant, and exceptional in bed (not to mention in his office, in the car, on the kitchen floor, on top of the washing machine, and most recently on the conference room table in my new office space). He was a whole package.

Finding me across the room, his gorgeous face softened, and he gave me the sexy, bunny smile. Goosebumps littered my arms as I watched his determined face. Reaching me, he said nothing, instead greeting me the way he frequently did when we went more than a day without seeing each other. He gave a soft tug to my hair and took my mouth in a deep kiss that wasn't really appropriate for a restaurant bar, although that would never stop him.

I was still lightheaded when he pulled away and spoke in a strained voice. "Next time, I'm going with you."

"You could have come this time. I told you that."

"You also told me you would be gone two days, not five."

I'd just returned from Daegu this afternoon. Jimin and I had expected to be in Ilsan for two nights to pitch a new client. But after we signed that new account, the VP of marketing offered to get us an appointment with a sister company in Daegu, so our two-day trip wound up being a full five.

"I can't help it if people want us."

"People want you right here. The line forms behind me."

The bartender came by to take our drink order just as an couple walked up next to us.

"Are these seats taken?" the man asked.

There were two seats open next to me at the bar.

Jungkook answered, "All yours. I'm going to stand so I keep close to him anyway."

The other man gave him a smile that said he'd just melted his heart a little. I knew, because I wore the same one.

He took the seat to my left and his husband sat beside his. "I'm Seokjin, and this is my husband, Namjoon."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Taehyung. This is Jungkook."

"Today is our seventh wedding anniversary."

"Wow. Congratulations.That's pretty amazing," I said.

"How long have you two been married?"

"Oh, we're not-"

Jungkook interrupted. "Well you know today is our anniversary as well. Four years of wedded bliss."

I looked at him incredulously, although I'm not sure why I was surprised. I knew of his penchant for stories, and today was our anniversary of sorts. One year ago today we'd sat in this restaurant together. Only the last time, my date had been Minjun and Jungkook had been the date crasher. It seemed like a lifetime ago. Just as I'd done that fateful night, I propped my elbows, folded my hands, and rested my chin atop them.