(3) Not Your Ordinary Friends

A/N: check out the image above for a good moment before getting started into every chapter of my story. I do that.

Enjoy.
----------------------------------

"Frymen."

You look up at Coco from the book she had given you on the very first day of the language lesson and Coco looks at you with a surprised look, "You're getting the hang of it. That's great."

"Y/N, it's hy-men. Hy." Aqua now comfortable with you explains as she looks over your shoulder and at the book you were holding titled 'Arleth dialect for dummies 101'.

"Oh, okay." You nod but she wasn't done.

"This here looked like that so you mistook it as Frymen but the difference is that there's two circles instead of one when writing Hymen." Aqua explained more, pointing out as she spoke.

Now you finally understand and look at Aqua in amazement. 'I thought you were dumb at first but I totally misjudged you, onion.. I'm sorry.'

"You know you said that out loud right..." Coco says as she looks over at the teary eyed Aqua now far away from you.

"Ah."

"So he can understand what we're speaking but he still can't imitate the way we speak? He's been going at this for one and a half week now and he still can't speak like us, that's soooooo lame." You glare at her but before you could speak up, Pekora cuts you off again but she wasn't looking at you. "He's lucky he met us on his way here or he might've been dead by now because of how close minded hymen are."

"Pekora.. Do you remember when you cried because-mfmf mphh mf?" Before Miko could continue her sentence, an irritated Pekora quickly covers her mouth and looks over at Y/N to see if he had heard anything yet sighing in relief as she sees you practicing how to pronounce with Coco and an already recovered Aqua.

"Worried?" Marine smirks as she sees Pekora with a relieved expression after doing what she did.

Pekora turns red as she looks at Marine, "At what? I wasn't worried that he might've heard how I was a crybaby back then, I really wasn't!"

Both of the redhead snickers as they hear what came out of Pekora's mouth.

"She's so like the typical tsundere." You whisper to yourself.

"Tsun..de-re? What's that?" An intrigued Coco asks as she leans closer to you, giving you a more enlarged view of her big slonker donkers yet not looking at it as you focused more on reading the book for dummies.

"Oh, it's nothing. Just a made-up word." You dismiss her as the tree of you continue to practice language lessons for dummies.

Three Days Later

"I'm a human while Marine is a hyman." You say confidently.

'Where did he get the human word from? I'm pretty sure we haven't said that once before...' Coco puts a chin on her thumb as thoughts overcome her mind.

Humans. They're the first generations to ever roam the now known Arleth. Back at their time: they ventured the unknown layout of Arleth unlike today where there is a world map, bravely even towards the unknown. They soon discovered ores from the luxury of caves now that can be made into different types of weapons and as time went by where the humans started to dwindle, they discover the mana inside of them to which now known as magic they use today. And at the present time, there's no single humans in sight or even exists at the point of time.

Yet how come, an unknown settler be calling himself 'human' when he himself doesn't know the language of dialect?

Was there a chance that the language we use now were not the original language they once spoke and were driven from the oldest hymen?